What are realistic PPV numbers for a given UFC card?

Legendary

Ꮥµpǝɹnøʌɐ
@Black
Reaction score
What ranges fall into below average, average, above average, and then supercards in terms of PPV buys?

100k-300k= below average
Whenever DJ fights

300k-500k=average
Whenever Cody, TJ, Max Holloway, lower weight class champs fight.

500k-800k above average
Usually has veteran names, guys like Reem, Stipe, Weidman fights, anyone who has a name 170 and above

800k+ Supercards (Conor or Ronda fighting)
UFC 202
UFC 100
UFC 194
UFC 196
UFC 214

If you have to average bad and good cards, what would be the mean and median PPV buys? How many PPVs do they need per event to remain profitable?

Last edited:
It seems the average nowadays is 150k - 250k.

300k buys is deemed a good success. Anything past 500k buys is exceptional and super cards get 700k - 1m+ buys.

It's not as simple anymore, just putting together a good card doesn't make the PPV numbers high. I would be surprised if Bisping vs GSP breaks 1 million.

300k buys is deemed a good success. Anything past 500k buys is exceptional and super cards get 700k - 1m+ buys.

It's not as simple anymore, just putting together a good card doesn't make the PPV numbers high. I would be surprised if Bisping vs GSP breaks 1 million.

I bet it does 600k-750k at most.

I haven't heard much about GSP here in canada, so I'm thinking it won't be as big as they think.

Last edited:
I bet my account it does over 850k and I want you out of this forum when it does.

aaasherdognerdpm6_zps714949a9.jpg_Photo_by_67_Le_M.png

I Love "loser leaves Sherdog" bets...

Take it Legendary

It's kind of a super card. 3 title fights ..... card should do 700 low end to a little over a million high

Crazy tho. You could have a main card of 5 title fights. Against a card with Conor in tbe main event with 4 other shitty fight and the Conor card would do twice as good

It's kind of a super card. 3 title fights ..... card should do 700 low end to a little over a million high
Well, I mean a 'new' super card..

So, even if you stack a card with serious guys, three belts...that only means a card that does more than 500K buys..

A super card these days is a freak show fight or a Mcgregor vs Diaz at HW card...or a Ronda getting KTFO card.

Times have changed.

I am not convinced that Weidman or Stipe can do 500-800k buys. It would have to be a very stacked PPV without superstar to do that. But it would still need a couple of good title matches.

I think they should have less ppvs a year so the ppvs are more stacked.

GSP's floor is 650k historically and that's without a marketable opponent and triple titles on a card. I'm thinking 850k+

Perhaps I am underestimating it, but GSP also has not fought in several years, and I am not seeing a lot of promotion yet. If some shit talking and some hype got going, like the Diaz fight, I bet they could do similar numbers.

Perhaps I am underestimating it, but GSP also has not fought in several years, and I am not seeing a lot of promotion yet. If some shit talking and some hype got going, like the Diaz fight, I bet they could do similar numbers.

I hope he pulls the numbers in.

At what point do you put your money where your mouth is, and wager your account on it?

300k+ is good in todays climate cause UFC have too many fight night cards which water down the ppvs, i hope they're making good money from the fox sports 1 deal with the fight nights every week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back