Do fighters practice any forms of fasting?

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I am curios to know if fighters practice any form of fasting? I know they cut weight before fights and a day before weigh ins, they do sauna and they deprive themselves of food. Now you may call that fasting but that's starving, difference is willingness.

Which brings to this thread, I am wondering if there are any fighters that practice any form of fasting like warrior diet and/or eat stop eat in their normal daily routine?

The only one I know is Khabib but that's Ramadan which means no water and it is super similar to warrior diet. Though in the warrior diet you get to have water and small amounts of food.

Khabib

Edit: you already said Khabib

How about the other Dagistanis?

I don't see how anyone has time for that if they are an active fighter

I hate that idea.

Khabib does for religious reasons but not connected to his job.

fasting meaning abstaining from all food or drink for a day or so Im sure some do

Every weigh in

Weight cutting IS fasting

No its not, I already mentioned why in the first paragraph. The intent makes all the difference, fighters cut weight so they fight at lower weight classes. Fasting is done for many other purposes that pertains to feeling well and improving athletic abilities. I am curios to know who fasts in their normal daily routine as oppose to a day before weigh ins.

Belal Muhammad just won coming off of Ramadan.

Don't most fight on an empty stomach to maintain athleticism?
Pretty sure I read that somewhere.

Intermittent fasting is great to restore insulin sensitivity, as well if you are going for a body recomposition, i.e. Shedding a lil fat, while gaining a lil muscle.

However for it to work, IMO... Hormones must be running optimal to say the least.

That said, I dunno if that's the IF works with an mma fighters usual regimen.

I think the usual baloon, then drop, then cut is prolly enough on most of them.

I dunno what a warrior diet is but it sounds retarded. Like a bioscience version of Atkins or Slim Fast

No its not, I already mentioned why in the first paragraph. The intent makes all the difference, fighters cut weight so they fight at lower weight classes. Fasting is done for many other purposes that pertains to feeling well and improving athletic abilities. I am curios to know who fasts in their normal daily routine as oppose to a day before weigh ins.
You're making up your own definitions.

I was always told fasting is physical self sacrifice for spiritual gain.

In a real world situation, wedding cutting down right is fasting. You're not starving yourself.

You have 40 days to lose 30 pounds and you still have to eat and drink for energy.

Hendricks fats at a staggering rate.

Oh...oh. You said FASTS. My bad son.

<{outtahere}>

You're making up your own definitions.

I was always told fasting is physical self sacrifice for spiritual gain.

In a real world situation, wedding cutting down right is fasting. You're not starving yourself.

You have 40 days to lose 30 pounds and you still have to eat and drink for energy.
Yeah he is making his own definition but it was in the premise of the thread. So why not just answer the questions vs. just arguing an unnecessary point.

its not called fasting in the ufc its called not being paid a living wage

Yeah he is making his own definition but it was in the premise of the thread. So why not just answer the questions vs. just arguing an unnecessary point.
You really can't.

He says the difference is willingness which I don't understand.

No one forces you to cut weight.

No one forces you to fast.

Are there any fingers that fast just cause? Hell no. They are professional athletes that need calories.

Are there fighters that fast for religious purposes? Yes. Khabib isn't the only Muslim in the UFC.

Don't most fight on an empty stomach to maintain athleticism?
Pretty sure I read that somewhere.
Your body shuts down the digestive system when you're doing intense sports.

That's why athletes throw up. Their bodies are emptying their stomachs.

Most fighters on fight week are straight up fasting, and shedding any water they can....

Back