Future GOATS

A.S. Deep

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Of the fighters in MMA right now, which do you think has the highest chance of becoming the next GOAT of his division? You can only pick current fighters (Doesn't have to be UFC) and you HAVE to pick one for each division.

HW: Stipe Miocic
Dude has almost cleaned out his entire division, and if he beats Cain then I don't know who can stop him. I see him ruling HW for the next few years until he retires as the next HW GOAT.

LHW: Volkan Oezdemir
Now that Jones is gone and DC is old, LHW is ripe for the taking. We've seen Volkan's KO power. If he has grappling even half as good, he can rule LHW. He's young and can only get better from here.

MW: Robert Whittaker
He's already KOed Jacare and beaten what was an unstoppable monster in Romero. Who's left: Chin up Rockhold? As long as injuries stay away from him, I see him only improving and ruling over MW for the next years.

WW: Rory MacDonald
He already beat Maia and Woodley, and with Woodley getting older and Lawler not looking the same, I can see him becoming Bellator WW champ and then crushing the competition in the UFC WW division.

LW: Kevin Lee

I'm actually not too big on Kevin Lee right now, but he has youth and great grappling on his side. Even if he loses against Tony, he has a lot of time to get better.

FW: Max Holloway

Dude has already cleaned out the division with the exception of Edgar. If he beats Frankie then he's on course to clean his division yet again. And he's only what, 25?

BW: Cody Garbrandt
Made Cruz look like a fool in his first championship fight, and is young as hell. If he gets past TJ then I don't know who stops him at BW.

FLW: Henry Cejudo
He's improving every fight at a lightning fast rate, and if he beats MM in a few fights then he's on course to become the next FLW GOAT.

Of the fighters in MMA right now, which do you think has the highest chance of becoming the next GOAT of his division? You can only pick current fighters (Doesn't have to be UFC) and you HAVE to pick one for each division.

Dude has almost cleaned out his entire division, and if he beats Cain then I don't know who can stop him. I see him ruling HW for the next few years until he retires as the next HW GOAT.

Now that Jones is gone and DC is old, LHW is ripe for the taking. We've seen Volkan's KO power. If he has grappling even half as good, he can rule LHW. He's young and can only get better from here.

He's already KOed Jacare and beaten what was an unstoppable monster in Romero. Who's left: Chin up Rockhold? As long as injuries stay away from him, I see him only improving and ruling over MW for the next years.

He already beat Maia and Woodley, and with Woodley getting older and Lawler not looking the same, I can see him becoming Bellator WW champ and then crushing the competition in the UFC WW division.

I'm actually not too big on Kevin Lee right now, but he has youth and great grappling on his side. Even if he loses against Tony, he has a lot of time to get better.

Dude has already cleaned out the division with the exception of Edgar. If he beats Frankie then he's on course to clean his division yet again. And he's only what, 25?

Made Cruz look like a fool in his first championship fight, and is young as hell. If he gets past TJ then I don't know who stops him at BW.

He's improving every fight at a lightning fast rate, and if he beats MM in a few fights then he's on course to become the next FLW GOAT.
Except at BW , good luck.

Henry Cejudo is too old to get in enough fights as a champion to be in this discussion.

I appreciate you leaving Connor out of the discussion but Max needs to be left out as well for the same reason... Max has not "cleaned out" anything. Max needs to defend his belt a few more times and reign as a champion and possibly avenge some of his losses.

Rory has too many losses unavenged. He is one of the best ever... He is not the best ever. He will never fight GSP, which puts him behind the Greatest and also Matt Hughs.

Kevin Lee has tremendous grappling but his fight with Trinaldo has convinced me that he'll get worked on the feet by Barboza and Ferg, but he's young so he can only improve.

Henry Cejudo is too old to get in enough fights as a champion to be in this discussion.

I appreciate you leaving Connor out of the discussion but Max needs to be left out as well for the same reason... Max has not "cleaned out" anything. Max needs to defend his belt a few more times and reign as a champion and possibly avenge some of his losses.

Rory has too many losses unavenged. He is one of the best ever... He is not the best ever. He will never fight GSP, which puts him behind the Greatest and also Matt Hughs.
Cejudo is 30...

In before platinum balls sucking fans take over this tread

Cody and Holloway yes, potential greats... not sure about the others though...

Like Rory is young but has had battles, not sure his body will keep up with his age... or Stipe is at a mature stage in his career, not sure how much greatness is left in him, plus he is beatable.

Volkan looks promising.. but is he THAT promising ?

Also Whittaker ? He's good, but same question as with Volkan.. is he really that good ? Did he really beat Yoel or was Yoel just old and forgot about his leg kicks.

In before platinum balls sucking fans take over this tread
giphy.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back