What the hell was Mario Lopez doing on the MMA Hour?

Mixed

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
What kind of insight would he have? What is his experience in combat sports? Team captain on Bayside High wrestling team?

He-Makes-Ballet-Look-Really-Hot.gif

What a fruit loop.

Not sure, but I hear he boxes a lot.

Maybe he's just a fan. And he has a radio show I think.

How dare you disparage AC...he comes from a military family with elite wrestling credentials...

I could watch for myself and find out, but instead I'll post it on Sherdog and see what they say!

-TS

I vaguely recall him actually doing boxing and BJJ and maybe even smokers, although maybe not that. Also, a great wrestler in HS IIRC.

Probably more qualified than 80 percent of Sherdog.

Last edited:
He was a boxer and he follows mma. That's more than I can say for a lot of people on here.

apparently he takes boxing seriously in the gym, trains and spars pretty hard.

I thought it was pretty good actually... much better than some random (fake) wrestler at least.

What kind of insight would he have? What is his experience in combat sports? Team captain on Bayside High wrestling team?

What a fruit loop.

Lol.. most posting have no clue. Elite wrestling credentials, boxing for a long time, etc etc.. no. He's 3-4 as an am in MMA, and in 2014, the UFC was thinking of signing him. He's done Gracie Breakdowns with the Gracies, who only ask knowledgeable BJJ practitioners to come in and do the breakdown with them, has done many boxing smokers, placed 7th in state as a wrestler in his hs years, and has a background in Kempo Karate. He's in his 40s and has 2 wins this year alone, after starting the year with a loss.

What a fruit loop.

He's a California state-placer in wrestling. California only has ONE class. That is an outstanding achievement. He was a better HS wrestler than several top MMA fighters known FOR WRESTLING (Guida, Lamas, etc).

Didn't you see his head and arm throw on Saved by the Bell? Lol

Better credentials than at least 90% of Sherdog.

Lol.. most posting have no clue. Elite wrestling credentials, boxing for a long time, etc etc.. no. He's 3-4 as an am in MMA, and in 2014, the UFC was thinking of signing him. He's done Gracie Breakdowns with the Gracies, who only ask knowledgeable BJJ practitioners to come in and do the breakdown with them, has done many boxing smokers, placed 7th in state as a wrestler in his hs years, and has a background in Kempo Karate. He's in his 40s and has 2 wins this year alone, after starting the year with a loss.
That's pretty awesome to know. I knew he has some background, but not that much. Thanks for the info.

Rogan was too stoned...so this was plan B.

Mario would smash Rogan. To the best of my knowledge, Rogan has only competed in point fighting. No kickboxing/boxing matches, no wrestling, not even NAGA or Grapplers Quest.

Back