Lets be real. A prime Anderson Silva would smack heads around in this day and age

MuayThai101

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
None of these middleweights are impressing me.

The most magical fighter/artist who ever stepped inside that cage.

GOAT

This guy is still a middleweight tho

120_Chris_Weidman_vs_Kelvin_Gastelum.0.jpg

I'm sure they are devastated.

I think the current MWs are far better than in Andersons heyday.

Bisping
Rockhold
Whittaker
Romero
Weidman
Jacare
Gastelum
Brunson
Machida
Branch
Hall

Those guys are better than most of those guys Anderson beat during his title run.

You could argue the likes of Franklin, Henderson and Belfort but I would argue Rockhold, Whittaker and Romero are better than anyone Anderson has ever fought.

GOAT

yawn.................. pure unadulteraded Idol Worshiping. HE AIN'T ALL THAT. except in imaginations.

The grappling heavy MW division of today would give him huge troubles. Rockhold, Weidman, Jacare, could grapple fuck him all day.

I'm sure they are devastated.

I think the current MWs are far better than in Andersons heyday.

Bisping
Rockhold
Whittaker
Romero
Weidman
Jacare
Gastelum
Brunson
Machida
Branch
Hall

Those guys are better than most of those guys Anderson beat during his title run.

You could argue the likes of Franklin, Henderson and Belfort but I would argue Rockhold, Whittaker and Romero are better than anyone Anderson has ever fought.
None of those fighters other than Bisping, and Whittaker has the gas tank to go 5 rounds with Silva. People are forgetting that Silva wasnt just a first, second round killer like Conor. Dude had the gas tank to go with it. These guys dont know about gas tank.

Bisping and Whittaker beats everyone on that list.

Silva would (has) beat Bisping and Whittaker

The grappling heavy MW division of today would give him huge troubles. Rockhold, Weidman, Jacare, could grapple fuck him all day.
And then they would tire, and then Silva would KO them. 3 fighters who lack a gas tank.

None of those fighters other than Bisping, and Whittaker has the gas tank to go 5 rounds with Silva. People are forgetting that Silva wasnt just a first, second round killer like Conor. Dude had the gas tank to go with it. These guys dont know about gas tank.

Bisping and Whittaker beats everyone on that list.

Silva would (has) beat Bisping and Whittaker
Yes bro, he had a gas tank.

Rockhold went 5 really hard rounds with Jacare, another guy who can go full 25 minutes. So can Gastelum and Machida - not sure why gas tanks are such as issue - Anderson has a great gas tanks because as we all know, he takes rounds off.

That is his style, he would have beaten Bisping if he didn't take rounds off.

Silva didn't beat Bisping and Whittaker would be a horrendous match up for him, Rockhold would probably end up grounding and pounding him out. Romero would pose obvious problems and he'd still have issues with Weidman.

Anderson is one of the best ever, and he might just overcome all those guys in his prime but I would argue those guys are still better than the competition he faced.

And then they would tire, and then Silva would KO them. 3 fighters who lack a gas tank.

What fights has Jacare gassed in?

He's gone 5 rounds twice in two hard and fast paced fights against Rockhold and Tim.

He's gone to decision 6 times and won 4 times, arguably beat Rockhold making it 5/6.

Post usada weidman > post usada anderoid silva
They would kill Anderson silva before they run out of gas.the only one that lack of gas tank in that list is Chris weidman.
Weidman,jacare and rockhold would abuse Anderson silva on ground.

GOAT

For sure. And it´s not even close. All the most important UFC records.... also he went up and abso-fucking-lutely destroyed 3 LHW including a former champ. And let´s not forget he has the most incredible highlights in MMA ever. Best KOs in the UFC and biggest comeback submission EVER in MMA.

Any version of Weidman takes a Prime AS down and smashes him. So does Rockhold. Probably Jacare and Romero too. Whitaker might even take him in a standup fight.

The UFC MW division was very weak during Anderson's reign. Prime Rich Franklin would barely be Top 10 today. Just like GSP back in the day, Anderson was just a big fish in a small pond.

Not sure what all this hype is about Whittaker. He's so wild and that style of his where he just lunges forward would get him KTFO'd by a younger Silva who thrived on countering wild brawlers.

Any version of Weidman takes a Prime AS down and smashes him. So does Rockhold. Probably Jacare and Romero too. Whitaker might even take him in a standup fight.

The UFC MW division was very weak during Anderson's reign. Prime Rich Franklin would barely be Top 10 today. Just like GSP back in the day, Anderson was just a big fish in a small pond.
Yeah, Silva is overrated, imagine that.... that´s why he KOed the current champ in his hometown. (his team had to rush in to carry Bisping's corpse back to the stool)
TartFarawayCranefly.gif

That bum Silva, that´s why the LHW champion (who used to beat the fuck out of HWs) with the camp of his life still couldn´t finish 2 days notice Silva (who was coming off surgery)....... and had to resort to lnp to not get KOed on the feet.
giphy.gif

Also what´s the name of that guy who was "taylor made for Silva"? Oh, Forrest! yeah, just another bum who was former lhw champ and beat names like Rua, Rampage.... and then got absolutely matrix by "overrated" Silva in the best performance in the UFC probably in MMA ever? Yeah, everybody can do that today, go up 3 times and matrix the shit out of his opponents, sure.
bdFLUGk.gif
silva%20v%20irvin%20leg%20kick%20counter.gif

Here´s a list of other fighters who have done that:

<{silvanormal}><{silvanormal}><{silvanormal}><{silvanormal}><{silvanormal}><{silvanormal}>

Prime Anderson could I think still potentially be the best MW today BUT I don't see him having a long undefeated run, the weakness to grappling and how hittable he is standing when he commits mean I think he'd lose the odd fight.

I'm no big Anderson fan but i totally agree. I still think he could easily win the belt back.

whittaker and romero would be nasty stylistic matchups for silva. Strong wrestlers with good hands. noone else really seems very impressive at MW tbh. Rockhold has no chin the chris is shot to shit bisping is ...well bisping ect ect. and idc what anyone says he KO'd the current champ lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back