UFC 217 - 10 fights?

Str8shooter

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
UFC 217 is already stacked, but has only 10 fights booked. Will we see more big fights added or is this the full card? Overeem vs ngannou would round out a magnificent main card!!! Jose Aldo looks to be booked for Dec.

This link alludes to one more big fight to come.

http://www.sherdog.com/events/UFC-217-Madison-Square-Garden-61989

Here is the card as it stands.

UFC 217 PPV Main Event:

185 lbs.: UFC Middleweight Champion Michael Bisping vs. Georges St-Pierre

UFC 217 PPV Co-Main Event:

135 lbs.: UFC Bantamweight Champion Cody Garbrandt vs. T.J. Dillashaw

UFC 215 PPV Main Card, FS1 & Fight Pass Prelims:

115 lbs.: UFC Starwweight Champion Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs. Rose Namajunas
170 lbs.: Stephen Thompson vs Jorge Masvidal
185 lbs.: Paulo Borrachinha vs. Johny Hendricks
265 lbs.: Curtis Blaydes vs. Aleksei Oleinik
205 lbs.: Corey Anderson vs. Patrick Cummins
205 lbs.: Gadzhimurad Antigulov vs. Ion Cutelaba
135 lbs.: Ricardo Ramos vs. Aiemann Zahabi
170 lbs.: Mickey Gall vs. Randy Brown

I think wme is going to pull a wwe, secretly weigh in rockhold and woodley and then have two octagons gsp and bisping walk out to find rockhold and woodley and they run two parallel fights that the fans actually want

I'm worried about the Gsp and Bisping fight being a let down. If it's not this should be a great card.

I'm sure they will add another couple fights but nothing on the Romero vs Rockhold

The graphic they showed this weekend listed a TBD vs TBD fight for the main card still. There are a lot of cool options, but my guess would be Jacare vs Weidman.

*Card subject to change.

Let's hope no injuries or failed drug tests.

I think wme is going to pull a wwe, secretly weigh in rockhold and woodley and then have two octagons gsp and bisping walk out to find rockhold and woodley and they run two parallel fights that the fans actually want

I thought it was gonna be like a tag team thing... Then Lawler and Weidman run out from underneath the octagon and start taking steel chairs to everyone. Big John catches a flash KO. Finally Chuck Liddell sprints down from back stage to restore order, but Dana drops him with a pipe.

Hendricks about to get retired. I hope i eat fries that day

Rock should fight Yoel on 216 tbh

With 3 championship fights (all of which have the potential to go the distance), I don't know if UFC is going to add any more fights to the card.

I'm not complaining if they did add more fights, I'm just saying if all 3 fights go the distance, when you add all the Buffer shenanigans, walk-outs, "Harley Davidson Prep Point" vaseline station, it's 2 hours right there.

Wonderboy/Masvidal is prolly going the distance, and you know Hendricks is going to grind down for dear life to try and eke out a decision. Throw in a Rogan freakout promo about "what a monster Aldo is and how Lamas is world-class, and their rematch on the next PPV is a can't miss, once in a lifetime experience we've been waiting for", and that's another hour right there.

I will still watch and enjoy though :)

The broadcast Saturday showed:

Bisping vs GSP
Cody vs TJ
Joanna vs Rose
TBD vs TBD
Masvidal vs Thompson

If it's better than Mas/Thompson I would guess Gust/Volkan or Reem/Ngannou. Weidman/Jacare would be nice but I believe Jacare won't be ready until December. Khabib/Barboza would be #1 awesome.

The broadcast Saturday showed:

Bisping vs GSP
Cody vs TJ
Joanna vs Rose
TBD vs TBD
Masvidal vs Thompson

If it's better than Mas/Thompson I would guess Gust/Volkan or Reem/Ngannou. Weidman/Jacare would be nice but I believe Jacare won't be ready until December. Khabib/Barboza would be #1 awesome.

Card order does not mean the fight has to be better.

Jesus some of you act like you started watching Ufc last week

I hope they just put random crap to round it off, already a more than stacked card, if they stack it even more it will just hurt the rest of the cards for the year.

Corey Anderson vs Patrick Cummins

5643ac1f50d2de390e3995ae

Back