Should Getting Popped For PED's Result In A Disqualification Instead Of A No Contest?

Lockard The GOAT

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Chael brought this up on his podcast recently saying that anyone that gets popped for PED's should not have their victory overturned to a NC, but rather, have it changed for a DQ loss for them and a victory for the other guy. (If the person caught juicing lost the fight in question, then just keep the result same since they already lost anyway.) His argument is that if you get caught cheating during a fight, you get disqualified, so why do you get off without a loss if you're caught cheating after, especially since PED use is the worst form of cheating to gain an unfair advantage that there is.

It's all very ironic coming from someone who's a former PED user himself, but that aside it's hard to argue with his point of view.

I honestly don't know why it doesn't.

Seems more logical that way.

Yes, when two people fight and one is natural & the other is on all kinds of gear, it's almost like letting one of them wear brass knuckles for the fight. It needs to carry a lot more severe penalties or guys will keep doing it brazenly. They should be taking all of their purse too and hit them where it really hurts, it's laughable that people like Lesnar get to shrug off the USADA failure and ride off with millions.

I've been beating that drum for a few years. Cheating should be a DQ loss & win for the opponent. Nothing else makes sense & idk how the initial rule ever came about.

How long have people been saying "gear"

Recently it seems like it's in every steroid thread
maxresdefault.jpg

I don't know if I agree. Changing DC-Jones 2 to a DQ win for DC is not going to change the physical outcome of the fight. The fight was rigged with respect to one fighter having an unfair advantage, but can anyone actually consider DC the winner, even a technical one?

I agree that Jones should forfeit his win money, and probably be fined a portion (how much is arguable, maybe all) of his show money; DC arguably should receive a portion of that money. DC should get his belt back since he did not lose it in a fair contest; however, he did not win that contest. Just my opinion.

yes and the money forfeited to the other fighter.

Chael brought that up, too. He raised the same point that Mark Hunt did which is that if he can get part of his opponent's purse for missing weight, then there's no reason he shouldn't for them getting caught juicing, too.

I don't know if I agree. Changing DC-Jones 2 to a DQ win for DC is not going to change the physical outcome of the fight. The fight was rigged with respect to one fighter having an unfair advantage, but can anyone actually consider DC the winner, even a technical one?

I agree that Jones should forfeit his win money, and probably be fined a portion (how much is arguable, maybe all) of his show money; DC arguably should receive a portion of that money. DC should get his belt back since he did not lose it in a fair contest; however, he did not win that contest. Just my opinion.

Well, his victory would be via DQ for Jones cheating, which doesn't seem unfair regardless of the physical outcome.

Chael brought that up, too. He raised the same point that Mark Hunt did which is that if he can get part of his opponent's purse for missing weight, then there's no reason he shouldn't for them getting caught juicing, too.
:) I used to hate the things Chael said, but lately, what people are sharing on the board is good stuff. I'll probably start tuning in to his shows.

It can, the athletic commission can pick either NC or DQ but for some reason the athletic commissions pick NC almost every time. I'd prefer a DQ

If a baseball player swings at a pitch and his bat shatters, revealing that it has been corked, is the batter allowed to pick up a new bat during his time at the plate and continue where he left off.....or is he considered out?

How long have people been saying "gear"

Recently it seems like it's in every steroid thread
maxresdefault.jpg
I like to use a variety of nomenclature personally...to mix it up and keep it fresh

*Dat Dere

*Cell Tech

*Flintstone Vitamins

*Dick Pills

*Horse Meat

*Kangaroo Meat

*Slavic Semen

*Gym Candy

*Winnie Cooper (winstrol)

*Ass Darts (for injectables)

*Russian dressing/Sauce

*The Shit

*Arnold's

If a baseball player swings at a pitch and his bat shatters, revealing that it has been corked, is the batter allowed to pick up a new bat during his time at the plate and continue where he left off.....or is he considered out?

Would make more sense, plus the other fighter deserves the win bonus for being cheated against.

yes and the money forfeited to the other fighter.
I don't think this is sensible. Once you pop, you will always be remembered as cheater and every single fight you took has question mark on them. Stigma is very strong, so I don't think you are supposed to take all of the fight money. Especially since there are zounds of people that think fighter fees are ridiculously low to start with, I don't advocate on making people broke for poor decision making, they still entertained us, they still have a right to some kind of compensation, because cheater or not, they have devoted their life to this sport and gave us the thing we wanted as fans / viewers.

Cheating ramifications should be rationalized, of course if person makes hundreds of thousands or even millions, that is when I think a hefty cut from purse is needed, but these guys that fight for crumbs? No, definately do not think the monetary penalty should be too significant, it already brakes their possibilities of making money on fighting, when they are revoked of their right to fight for certain period of time.

I don't think this is sensible. Once you pop, you will always be remembered as cheater and every single fight you took has question mark on them. Stigma is very strong, so I don't think you are supposed to take all of the fight money. Especially since there are zounds of people that think fighter fees are ridiculously low to start with, I don't advocate on making people broke for poor decision making, they still entertained us, they still have a right to some kind of compensation, because cheater or not, they have devoted their life to this sport and gave us the thing we wanted as fans / viewers.

Cheating ramifications should be rationalized, of course if person makes hundreds of thousands or even millions, that is when I think a hefty cut from purse is needed, but these guys that fight for crumbs? No, definately do not think the monetary penalty should be too significant, it already brakes their possibilities of making money on fighting, when they are revoked of their right to fight for certain period of time.
Then they shouldnt cheat. Where's the sympathy for people getting damaged by the cheats?

You give up 20% of your show $ for missing weight. You should definitely be heavily financially penalized for juicing. I wouldn't be surprised if someone ends up winning a civil suit against a juiced fighter and winning punitive damages.

Back