Did Canadian MMA market dry up?

Kwik Kick

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Several years ago Canada was on an MMA tear. GSP, Rory, TJ Grant, Mein, Loiseau, Cote, Hominick, Kristof Stosyniski (sp?), Jimmo, etc. But now I don't see nearly the caliber of fighters coming out of there. Did the Canadian feeder leagues dry up or something?

GSP is about to be champ again, that will drive people to gyms again.

That's what happens when you start using 57 pronouns!

hqdefault.jpg

Several years ago Canada was on an MMA tear. GSP, Rory, TJ Grant, Mein, Loiseau, Cote, Hominick, Kristof Stosyniski (sp?), Jimmo, etc. But now I don't see nearly the caliber of fighters coming out of there. Did the Canadian feeder leagues dry up or something?
This dude retired, so...

method=get&rs=80&q=75&x=5&y=1&w=240&h=320&ro=0&s=8391DE8F-1D09-6BFC-E549760DB9ADD9E2.jpg

What about Oliver Mercy Auburn or something.

He's got a nice ass.

Canada has like 35 million people?

The fact they've EVER had as much success in a fringe sport like MMA is noteworthy.

Rory will become Bellator WW champ then UFC WW champ

Olivier Aubin-Mercier
Elias Brodorou
The Randa Markos

Suppose the first two fight like post-Serra GSP but without the skillset, but Randa always brings it. Can't think of anyone else really. Not counting GSP or Rory of course

???
Jeremy Kennedy, Misha Cirkunov, Aiemann Zahabi, Olivier Aubin Mercier, Chad Laprise.

Plenty of great talent coming out of Canada.

Aliens like to abduct fighters from Canada (it's easier), so Canadians stopped becoming fighters. Surprisingly, now that Canadians don't get hit in the head as much, the abductions have stopped.

Last edited:
Wasn't Brock Lesnar Canadian against Hunt?
So if you ignore the drug cheating bit, that's the way for Canada to get fighters use the hunting, fishing and free universal healthcare to attract Americans.

Not enough ghettos in Canada to scour talent from.

Needs more ghettos.

Usually the countries with the most shitholes have the best fighters.

Back