can we have closed-fingered gloves that allow for grappling?

revoltub

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
It is the ultimate question for mma gloves.

allow the fingers to be open, you allow the possibility for eye pokes.

close the fingers like a boxing glove, grappling is more difficult.

the only example is shootboxing, where they can do standing kimuras or headlocks with big gloves

That is a good question. Someone needs to come up with a special glove for effective striking and grappling.

Pride gloves are probably about as close as you can get.

Bone jones would pissed if they get those gloves in the UFC.........wait nah he is gone for a few years so who cares

Warn them after the first eye poke.....DQ them after the second eye poke.

There's nothing wrong with the current gloves. The problem is the desperate eye poking bitches currently wearing them.

Last edited:
' PRIDE NEVER DIE! '
- Tze

Why can't they just link the top 2 and bottom 2 fingers relatively tight.

PRIDE and Bellator use some well designed gloves and eye pokes are less an issue.

How you going to do small joint manipulation with those things

Whats wrong with closed gloves and no grappling. More KOs

just deduct a point after an eyepoke. it will stop instantly

This referee bush system just needs to be fixed. These goofball referees just do what they want in the moment which might be different in each fight. They just need to keep it simple and officially standardize the rules. First eye poke, low blow, fence grab etc, you get a warning. Second time you get a point deduction and third time you get DQ'ed. None of this "It is just a warning but after another warning or three I might give you one more warning before I do something crap". Seems like an easy fix to keep fighters in check.

I admit I am still confused about the recovery time for eyepokes. In some fights the refs have stopped the fight, checked the fighter's eyes, given them time to recover and yet in other fights, they just tell them to keep fighting.

So which one is it? Very inconsistent.

Back