Anyone Else Think Okami Can Win?

Reign009

Not sure if serious.
Reaction score
It's a winnable fight for both.

I've never been overly impressed by OSP. He's never been high level while Okami at his best was elite. (Yes, he was.)

OSP has size going for him but I think he's got a few problems too:

1. He fades quickly and his athleticism is gone. Then he moves like he's stuck in the mud.
2. He lacks conditioning so he can be very inactive in the later rounds.
3. He's often hesitant and can be caught waiting too much.
4. He's chinny.

Okami isn't the same fighter either but I think not having to cut weight may be a huge benefit for him. He'll probably look quite healthy and I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't look as small as everyone expects. (Smaller than OSP though.)

Either way, I'm glad he's getting the chance to compete in the UFC again.

He's fighting OSP so yes, Okami "CAN" win. I don't think he will but it's not like OSP is a world beater.

The fuck kind of main even is this?

And I though Edmonton had a shit card.

Its USADA OSP vs USADA Okami. Anything can happen

Watch Okami come into the cage just huge lol. Haven't seen him fight in years and am curious to see what he has left, best case scenario is a split decision loss lol.

Okami is a grinder. If he avoids OSP's sloppy (but powerful) striking, he can slow the pace down for a decision.

I don't think Okami is going out grind a guy as big and strong as OSP, OSP doesn't have many tools but the guy is huge.

This is a sport where we're throwing fists at heads. Okami has a chance, but it would have to be a 'lucky punch' or something similar (ugh, I hate that term). Coming in on such short notice, I can't see Okami outfighting OSP

Maybe but any solid fighter has a chance to eventually turn him into Foldkami.

Okami is a big man, and when he was a MW he was amongst the biggest. He is a better wrestler than OSP, and if he wins in the clinch I think he can win the fight.

Yes he will. Hoping to get nice odds on him.

Kind of a weird fight, hasn't Okami fought his last 5 at WW or was that only against Fitch?

Who cares honestly this fight will happen and the result will not matter

Sure. He can totally win. OSP is nothing special and Okami fought for a title once and was a fucking huge MW when he was fighting there

REAL title that is. Not like the one OSP fought for

Its cute that Dana and the ufc think bringing in okami is goingbto convince more Japan fans to come pay for this. Japanese don't care about okami..lol

Back