Top fighters question

JBJISGOAT

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
was in an argument today with this dipshit and he said that "X" fighter is a "top hw" fighter because they were ranked #14 and in the top 15. I told said dipshit that he is a dipshit and "top" fighters are at least top 10. What y'all think sherdog "top" fighter is:

A). Top 5
B). Top 10
C). Top 15

Mods can you please make a poll ITT??? @Peteyandjia @Augustus Caesar @EzFlyer

Uhhh... You can just settle it by being clear.

For example:

(X fighter) is a top ten HW or (X fighter) is a top 15 HW. It's a stupid argument because there's no right answer. You're both just not being specific enough.

Uhhh... You can just settle it by being clear.

For example:

(X fighter) is a top ten HW or (X fighter) is a top 15 HW. It's a stupid argument because there's no right answer. You're both just not being specific enough.

What do you consider a top fighter rank wise?

What do you consider a top fighter rank wise?
Still don't know what you mean bro so i'll answer with what i know to be true,

Motivated BJ Penn is the GOAT, never lost a fight, won all his fights by KO, never gave up and never got tired. He also couldn't tell a lie.

The end.

Still don't know what you mean bro so i'll answer with what i know to be true,

Motivated BJ Penn is the GOAT, never lost a fight, won all his fights by KO, never gave up and never got tired. He also couldn't tell a lie.

The end.

At what cutoff do you say a fighter is top of their weight class? Top 5, top 10, or top 15?

was in an argument today with this dipshit and he said that "X" fighter is a "top hw" fighter because they were ranked #14 and in the top 15. I told said dipshit that he is a dipshit and "top" fighters are at least top 10
That dude sounded like a real dipsh!t..

Top 10 are usually the best depending on the talent in the division. Everyone else is just " pretty good "

At what cutoff do you say a fighter is top of their weight class? Top 5, top 10, or top 15?
Ah, you got to say top 5.

Typically, I would imagine a top 10 or 15 will change alot. But if you manage to retain a place in a top 5 for an extended period of time you should be considered elite or top of your weight class.

Last edited:
@FKA

This dude is the dipshit btw…some bodies alt account trolling me!

Any fighters outside the top 5 or 6 are journeyman fighters or up in comers.

Ranked fighters are the top fighters. Other than that, rankings are bullshit.

Ranked fighters are the top fighters. Other than that, rankings are bullshit.

Generally I feel top 10 is the cutoff for top fighter. If you go 15, why not go to 20, if you go 20, why not go to 25…

Top 10 probably...yeah.

I couldn't name 20 people in any division who are 'top fighters'.

What we were arguing about is ....

The ufc uses a top 15 rankings...i merely Said it is a representative of the top 15 fighters in the division......he says that the ufc just started using the 15 to justify watered down events.

Generally I feel top 10 is the cutoff for top fighter. If you go 15, why not go to 20, if you go 20, why not go to 25…
Except it's all subjective. MMAth is a running joke on this website because if someone tried to calculate how good a fighter is or how they should be ranked, you'd get weirdness. They do that for soccer teams and you get pretty weird results where the world champion sometimes is ranked #5 or lower.

So the rankings are made up by "experts" and that's without counting the marketing side of it. A popular guy like Conor will climb way faster than someone like Demian Maia or whatever.

What we were arguing about is ....

The ufc uses a top 15 rankings...i merely Said it is a representative of the top 15 fighters in the division......he says that the ufc just started using the 15 to justify watered down events.

Lol no it started with him calling meathead a "Top hw" because he was #14. I told dipshit that 11-15 is not really regarded as "Top HW"…and he goes in full troll mode after that lol.

There's the champion, and then everyone else is overrated, should change weight classes, or just retire.

Depends on how deep a particular division is. In general, I'd say a divisions top ten are "top fighters," but in say the men's flyweight division, there aren't even close to ten top fighters, so it's not really a fixed rule.

Back