Rockhold: "I got this" [mid-fight]

Chill bros, I got this.

2h5uvz5.jpg

I noticed that too. It reminded me of when Silva did the same gesture to his corner during the Bonnar fight.

Looks like he's consoling Branch while gently suggesting to somebody else not to get involved.

Lol Luke's alright. He's alright.

Great adjustment on Rockholds part. Felt threatened on the feet so he takes Branch down and forces him to tap to strikes.

He always seems to fight with a lackadaisical attitude, which cost him against Bisping and will cost him against the elite guys in the division. Branch has shown time & time again in his WSOF fights that he has little to no power. If Romero or Whittaker land clean shots on him the way Branch did, he would've been sleeping.
Branch has a lot more power than Bisping.

The first part of what you said is definitely true though. Rockhold needs to be busier off the gun.

Great adjustment on Rockholds part. Felt threatened on the feet so he takes Branch down and forces him to tap to strikes.
I don't know why Luke doesn't just grapple. He gets lit up trying to box. His top game is terrifying.

Yeah i noticed that Luke letting everyone know it's all good I'm gonna sub him anyway.

Totally genius. I mean, how many people have shot in for a takedown when getting beaten on the feet? Rockhold is a pioneer.

Luke's Achilles heel is his ego. If he's admit his limitations he'd be FAR more dangerous. He won't. I'm fine with that as I like watching him lose.

His other heel, obviously, is just that he's a heel...

"i got this" = I gonna go full maia before he kick my ass.

Totally genius. I mean, how many people have shot in for a takedown when getting beaten on the feet? Rockhold is a pioneer.
I didn't see Branch making any adjustments when Rockhold got him down. It was a smart move on Luke's part and it allowed him to end the fight shortly thereafter.

Bisping hits A LOT HARDER than Branch. Branch hit Vinny Magalhaes (terrible chin) with a lot of punches and couldn't put him away. Struggled to put away a washed up Okami. Bisping wobbled Anderson Silva twice in their fight, and knocked Rockhold out with two left hands. Branch is easily the weakest puncher in the UFC MW top 10.
Nope!

Branch has a lot more power than Bisping.

No.

Left hook Larry dropped Silva and one punched Rockhold.

Branch tee'd off on Luke and it barely even registered.

Branch's "power" only seems to affect cans.

Back