Anyone else think Whittaker KOs Rockhold?

Willek

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
The second Rockhold isnt controlling the distance with his kicks he looks very vulnerable to punches.

I cant see Whittaker engaging in clinch with Rockhold and can KO him with his boxing.

Great hands
Vs
Suspect chin with bad defense Vs Hands

Well d'uh....

Easily, Luke's glass chin wouldn't make it out of the 1st round.

The only active middleweight with boxing skills to even compete with Whittaker (purely in that area) is probably Gastellum, but I'd wager they're one and all eating leather from trading with Rob.

If Whittaker landed the shots Branch did, it would've been a pretty quick fight.

I must be in the minority then. I still am not sold on Bobby Knuckles just yet.

Strong win streak and some dominant wins. But doesn't seem like he could get a long run with the title despite beating like 5 top 15 already.

He knocks out Bisping though...

Great hands
Vs
Suspect chin with bad defense Vs Hands

Well d'uh....
yeahsciencebitch.jpg

In addition to keeping his hands down,Rockhold backs straight up.Whitaker will find his chin quicker than a crack fiend finds a crack house!

Easily, Luke's glass chin wouldn't make it out of the 1st round.

Sigh... Another fool that thinks for some reason Rockhold has a glass chin. He gets hit with the perfect punch by Bisping and suddenly he has a glass chin.

Anyone can be KO'd by anyone with the right shot. Bisping hit the lottery that night.

If anything, the fight Saturday showed just how good Rockhold's chin is. He ate half a dozen clean shots from Branch without even flinching or buckling in the slightest.

I agree Luke's striking defense is horrible but then again his strking game is based almost entirely on his very effective kicks. Get in too close and he should be closing for immediate takedowns.

Rockhold has been in fights with guys that are heavy hitters and weathered their shots easily.

Not sure when all of a sudden a fighter gets knocked out by a clean shot and suddenly he has a glass chin. I get there is a lot of Rockhold hate/jealousy on the boards but I don't seem to recall guys like Cain getting one shotted by JDS and suddenly he had a glass chin... Or GSP getting knocked out by a guy with only 1 prior KO (and who fought the majority of his career at 155) suddenly was considered to have a bad chin (or ear or whatever).

Whittaker slaughters Rockhold, 1 round cardio Weidman, and Anderson.

His biggest threats are Gastelum and Bisping (striker, has power and cardio for days).

Sigh... Another fool that thinks for some reason Rockhold has a glass chin. He gets hit with the perfect punch by Bisping and suddenly he has a glass chin.

Anyone can be KO'd by anyone with the right shot. Bisping hit the lottery that night.

If anything, the fight Saturday showed just how good Rockhold's chin is. He ate half a dozen clean shots from Branch without even flinching or buckling in the slightest.

I agree Luke's striking defense is horrible but then again his strking game is based almost entirely on his very effective kicks. Get in too close and he should be closing for immediate takedowns.

Rockhold has been in fights with guys that are heavy hitters and weathered their shots easily.

Not sure when all of a sudden a fighter gets knocked out by a clean shot and suddenly he has a glass chin. I get there is a lot of Rockhold hate/jealousy on the boards but I don't seem to recall guys like Cain getting one shotted by JDS and suddenly he had a glass chin... Or GSP getting knocked out by a guy with only 1 prior KO (and who fought the majority of his career at 155) suddenly was considered to have a bad chin (or ear or whatever).
Agreed that Rockhold has a decent chin, but it's not good either, as Branch has no power in his shots. Bisping, Gastelum, and Whittaker have a lot more power (especially the last two).

Back