Aldo vs Lamas 2...why?

JustBleed69

Touch-Butt Silver Belt
Yellow Card
Reaction score
Really odd matchup. First fight wasn't really competitive at all and Lamas isn't any better now imo.

Would much rather see Aldo vs Pettis or Cub.

Completely retarded match-making.

Aldo vs Ortega is the fight to make, imo.
I am shocked that they didn't book this, tbqh.

Pettis is back at LW now.

Cub is in the same position as Ricardo.

Both got destroyed by Aldo.

I don't think Ortega is at Aldo's level yet.

No disrespect to Ortega... I'm a huge fan of Tcity as well.

Aldo is ranked #1 and Lamas is #3. On paper it makes sense. Buy yeah, there are much more intriguing matches Aldo could make.

Lamas did nothing in their first fight, so this match-up makes no sense.

Aldo is in a weird spot for sure. Only fight that makes sense is to rematch Max, yet, that fight doesn't make sense :confused:

Certainly is strange match-making. Assuming they're going to make Max-Frankie, it would have made sense to match Lamas against Cub and Aldo against Ortega or Stephens. Hell, Aldo vs. Cub would have been a more palatable rematch.

That being said, this should give us a good idea of just how much Aldo has slipped in recent years.

Tough fight for Aldo I think. He's been KO'd twice since their last fight and this isn't exactly a tune-up.

Because the first one was an absolute classic
Roots of fight are on about making t-shirts to remember it

Lamas vs Ortega and Aldo vs Swanson 2 makes the most sense

I'm not psyched about the match but saying Lamas hasn't improved is just silly,he's a much more polished and dangerous fighter now.One could argue Aldo is the one who's lost a step.I'll pick Aldo but wouldn't be shocked if Lamas pulled it off,he's looked great lately.

Pettis is back at LW now.

Cub is in the same position as Ricardo.

Both got destroyed by Aldo.
Yeah but Cub is drastically better now as where Lamas is basically the same

Aldo on a loss, Lamas on a win, both ranked in the top 3 and Aldo wants a fight he can win. All makes sense.

I think Lamas could make it fun if he is a little less gun shy than the first fight. Aldo will be coming out of the gates roaring, I think, and probably put him away. But hopefully it will be an exciting fight. I am a huge Ortega fan, and I think he actually would do really well against Aldo.. call me crazy. But, it's probably best he holds that match off so he can get a fight or two more against the top 10 under his belt.

Fuck the rankings. They need to continue giving the likes of Ortega, Choi, Bektic fights against the old guard so the division doesn't stagnate and new challengers emerge.

Both of these fighters have already been whooped by the champion, as has Swanson. Time for some new blood.

Aldo vs Stephens was the fight to make, should be fun, Cub/Lameass has been done already.

Fuck the rankings. They need to continue giving the likes of Ortega, Choi, Bektic fights against the old guard so the division doesn't stagnate and new challengers emerge.

Both of these fighters have already been whooped by the champion, as has Swanson. Time for some new blood.

Can't help but lol every time I see his name. I'll never forget his KO loss to Elkins.

Back