UFC FN 116 > UFC 215 Also, Thuckey is thinking about becoming an MMA journalist

Thuckey

I swear to drunk.. I'm not God.
Platinum Member
Reaction score
And it's not even close.

Really though great night of fights - I missed it as I was out of town so just avoided internet/news for a while and watched later. Lombard is done. Perry looked mean as hell. Few other guys had awesome finishes.

Compared with 215, it made it look like FN 116 was PPV worthy. Add in one big fight to that card and you got yourself a solid stack.

On a side note I am thinking about becoming some sort of MMA interviewer/journalist because I often time find myself making these big fancy threads with pictures and loads of information all written originally from yours truly, and it tends to be quite a bit of fun at time.
(no this thread isn't one of those)

I end up stopping, doing some research, going on back, revising the "article" until it is free of grammar/spelling issues and it is structured to my liking, which I tend to make paragraphs short because I know MMA fans have a small attention span - feed some pictures in between maybe whip up some original media as well.. I love it.

So if you guys had any information, or tips, or the legalities of that sort of thing and maybe some advice as to what exactly I could possible do beyond something freelancing. Whatever. My writing is top notch not professional level most likely but I have always been great at writing and anything creative. I felt so skilled surpassing all my peers in basically every subject except for gym - then when you get older you realize that people around you are average and you find all sorts of fantastic material online from truly skilled individuals.

I do not want to aim high - I would love to talk with top 10 fighters and go to major events of course, but I'm more realistic I'll probably spend most my time doing what I do anyways and sitting in front of a PC typing. For me, just making a humble living out of doing this sort of work would be more than I could hope for. If success comes my way, I will not shove it aside but just getting my name out there and on something would be very rewarding for me.

Hell, I'd probably have to still keep a part time job working in the food industry where I have been for a decade, I have managed Pizza Hut, McDonalds, and boy let me tell you it gets old and stale exponentially. The only thing that keeps me sane there is the company of others - and even then, hah, you get "real life"-tards.

But if you actually took the time to read this long and boring story maybe you could tell me what you think. Is it a godawful horrible idea that I should cut into thirty thousand pieces and jam into the incinerator? Or is it a respectable goal? Me, despite not knowing what the work demand is in the mma journalism world or if I have any shot whatsoever.

Perhaps I would start by emailing some fighters. Ask them if they'd be interested in an interview. If I happen to get somebody booked, I'll come here and will give you guys the chance to ask a few question I deem acceptable.

-Thuckey

Last edited:
Start your own blog because it's free, invest your free time getting writing whatever you want to write, promote your blog, after you get enough traffic you'll get the opportunity to sell add space, hire a computer person start a website, sell more add space, hire a second writer,....

Back