Can you imagine Luke Rockhold vs. GSP

milenss

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Fookin insane reach/height gap.

I don't think it must be santioned at all. That's a huge difference. Even if we suppose GSP's skill level is far above Rockhold's this is still a risky fight to sanction for the Athletic Commisions.

I am a big GSP fan but I'd be scared shitless for him if he fought Rockhold.

I don't think it must be santioned at all. That's a huge difference. Even if we suppose GSP's skill level is far above Rockhold's this is still a risky fight to sanction for the Athletic Commisions.

If they sanction Okami (his last 5 fights were at WW) vs. OSP (huge LHW), then they'd sanction it. GSP would never accept that fight, though.

I would absolutely not want to see that fight happen.

I think GSP would have a shot at beating Chris Weidman and Yoel Romero. Not Rockhold though.

Did you not watch Hectors fight the other night? It was like GSP vs Struve.

hqdefault.jpg

127566597.jpg

Shitty fight for GSP.

Rockhold's kicks would negate GSP's jabs. I don't think GSP could out kick Rockhold at distance.

So that leaves the ground and I for how good GSP is those 20+ pounds of muscle is going to matter. Rockhold would eventually end up on top.

Rockhold is legitimately too big for GSP.

The size difference would look like schelmenko vs Tito.

I think GSP would have a shot at beating Chris Weidman and Yoel Romero. Not Rockhold though.
He beats none of them.

Chris Weidman would lay and pray. Maybe TKO.

Yoel would catch him eventually. And because GSP doesn't look for finished Romero will get chances for second and third winds.

Rockhold subs him.

Not a big fan of GSP fighting at MW, he should stay at WW and dominate the division but just keep in mind that AKA doesn't have a good record against GSP.

It's a lot more likely that if GSP wins, he's going for a second belt at 170

GSP would never accept a fight with Luke. The only "top" MW GSP would fight is Bisping, and possibly Whittaker. Possibly.

GSP would never accept a fight with Luke. The only "top" MW GSP would fight is Bisping, and possibly Whittaker. Possibly.

I don't know why people sleep o Whittaker. The dude is a killer. Might be the best fighter at MW right now. Definitely riding the best win streak.

If Rockhold was still champion, GSP would not in any way be seeking a Middleweight title fight.

Like everyone in the top 10 of the Middleweight division, GSP also see's Bisping as an easy fight.

I don't know why people sleep o Whittaker. The dude is a killer. Might be the best fighter at MW right now. Definitely riding the best win streak.
I'm not sleeping on Whittaker. I've been driving his war wagon since he was a WW. But it's conceivable that GSP would look at him and think he's not a particularly large MW. He fought most of his career at WW, so there shouldn't be such a stark size disparity. Also, he doesn't have much of a ground game, though he does have great TDD. It's not out of the realm of possibility that GSP would look at Whittaker and think it's a winnable fight; whether it actually is a winnable fight is a different story entirely. But there's very little chance GSP would ever fight guys like Luke, Weidman, Jacare, or Yoel.

Rockhold is very similar in size with Michael Bisping. GSP is now about to face Bisping - so what chance are you giving GSP against Bisping?

If they sanction Okami (his last 5 fights were at WW) vs. OSP (huge LHW), then they'd sanction it. GSP would never accept that fight, though.

I remeber when people talked about how huge Okami was at MW how in the F has he been making 170??

Is he a lot less muscular than he used to be? I haven't seen him fight in ages.

Also on the topic of the thread I think too much emphisis has been being put on how much bigger so and so fighter might be.

He's out powered shad, techno Viking, cheal and bisping already in training.

I don't think anyone outside of HW will be to strong for it to be unheard of as far as it being competive.

He might not win but he's not going to get tossed around like a kid.

Some people have unusual strength for their size. Anderson was one of them. Do you remeber the look on franklins face when he was in the clinch with anderson.

He was like "why can't I move he's too strong"

And Franklin had some success at 205.

It's quite possible Luke gets grabbed by George and has that same look on his face when he's tossed around, like "where is this power coming from? I've never felt anything like it"

In an interview Cheal mentioned that there are some position George gets ahold of you in where you can't do anything he does what he wants with you and that's it. He just over powers you

If he can overpower cheal like that I don't think Luke would be able to handle the same circumstance either.

Mayhem tossed bisping around before he gassed, GSP tossed mayhem around. And George was 15ish or so pounds of muscle lighter then.

Cheal said GSP was at least 200lbs of solid muscle recently. This is going to be the biggest strongest GSP we have ever seen.

People couldn't handle his power when he was walking at 183-185, how are they gonna handle him at 205 now?

Rockhold is very similar in size with Michael Bisping. GSP is now about to face Bisping - so what chance are you giving GSP against Bisping?

I don't think I watched the fight or if I did I don't remeber it. How did Cheal size and power wise look against bisping?

Because Cheal admits GSP is stronger than he is. If he's stronger than Cheal how does that stack up power wise to bisping and luke

Baaaa sheep baaaaaa

Fuckin sherdog echo chamber in effect

GSP would destroy Luke "I have No Fucking Cardio' Rockhold

He picked up George Larique @ 200 and 70 fing lbs carried him and dumped him on his back.

How in the heck is 10-15lbs more gonna stop that!!

Back