Anyone else a new boxing fan and give up after GGG/ Canelo?

superpunch

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I've been absolutely pissed every time I've watched a boxing match in the past. Mayweather Pac cost $100 and sucked. Everything else is a robbery.

So, I stopped watching several years ago. I gave it another chance after enjoying Conor vs Floyd.

So the next big fight is GGG Canelo. Looks awesome. Lol? How can I enjoy something where 1 judge will make it 100000-10 for 1 guy and the other judge 1000000-10 for hte otehr guy? Why don't they just pick rounds at random?

If it were rare that this happened, ok. But it happens like every time.

Yeah it's a damn shame, GGG won that fight, Canelo won four rounds MAX! the chick who had it 118-110 should be arrested tbh, and the guy who had it as a draw is questionable asf too. The fact there hasn't been even more outrage should tell how boxing fans are used to this bullsh!t. I'll Still pay for Loma vs Rigo tho.....

Last edited:
It's a damn shame you don't know where the boxing forum is & that mods are boxing lovers who don't do their job moving these threads.

Move that crap to the boxing forums.

You know whats sad? When it happens in boxing, yhe sport is dead, but its completely accepted in mma? Like we have shit judging every damn card.

Is normal: Boxing keeps baiting and under delievering or straight up robbing

As an extremely noob/casual boxing fan, it was a thrilling and fantastic fight ruined by suspect judging...which seems to happen quite a bit if it gets an old timer like Teddy Atlas losing his shit live on air. I'll stick with my sometimes shitty MMA decisions over garbage like boxing judges. It was laughable that all these analysts were saying, "welp the rematch is going to be great!" It certainly will be but I'm not interested in even more fuckery.

It's insane that the promoter gets to choose the judges. Or did I hear that wrong?

Well I prefer MMA of course.

But sometimes I do enjoy boxing a lot and I do get upset at the corruption like we saw last weekend or the Kovalev stoppage etc. Still will enjoy it when bigger fights are made.

Boxing is garbage and most limited fighting. Conor if allowed to use hands only and the clinch would of beat Floyd. Or if he use a kicks.

GLORY IS way better.

I like Muay thai but to casuals and looking for excitement the K1 style rules of GLORY do just that. Sucks no elbows, but all kicks, punches, knees allowed, and limited clinching with strikes thrown make sure that there is always action.

Who cares about judging? Can you not come to your own conclusions?

Who cares about judging? Can you not come to your own conclusions?
That's like saying who would care if the NBA had scoreboards that gave out points at random

It matters because that's what title shots, contenderships, championships, and records are made of.

I like the idea of liking boxing but honestly, just don't give a shit

Odds on a draw were +10000

Boxing is garbage and most limited fighting. Conor if allowed to use hands only and the clinch would of beat Floyd. Or if he use a kicks.

GLORY IS way better.

I like Muay thai but to casuals and looking for excitement the K1 style rules of GLORY do just that. Sucks no elbows, but all kicks, punches, knees allowed, and limited clinching with strikes thrown make sure that there is always action.
TKD is the most limited sport. In boxing you can punch and clinch. In TKD all you can do it kick.

Who gives a shit about judging when the cards are $80+ and filled with absolute crap aside from the main event.

Who gives a shit about judging when the cards are $80+ and filled with absolute crap aside from the main event.

Currently there really aren't that many boxing PPVs per year. There are plenty of good fights on free TV and premium cable every month.

At this point, half the numbered UFC cards are no different in terms of quality. Either there's only one or two good fights booked, or the entire card falls apart over time due to injuries/USADA.

As an extremely noob/casual boxing fan, it was a thrilling and fantastic fight ruined by suspect judging...which seems to happen quite a bit if it gets an old timer like Teddy Atlas losing his shit live on air. I'll stick with my sometimes shitty MMA decisions over garbage like boxing judges. It was laughable that all these analysts were saying, "welp the rematch is going to be great!" It certainly will be but I'm not interested in even more fuckery.

It's insane that the promoter gets to choose the judges. Or did I hear that wrong?

Teddy will lose his shit at almost anything. It's really unfortunate that he's in a position to influence so many fans.

Lol. I see a robbery thread after every mma card.

This is a fake controversy. This always happens when a popular big puncher loses to the superior boxer in a close fight. Every single time.
The media and fans want the puncher to win so bad and interpret their aggression favorably. Meanwhile, Canelo landed all the best shots. Cleaner crisper work in a close fight.

Think for yourself and stop listening to pundits.

Atlas is always in a state of rage on air. The fact he got worked up and started yelling means nothing because it's such a common occurrence.

In spite of the fact that Atlas is a knowledgeable guy who has been around the sport his entire life, he can be extraordinarily biased in his commentary. For reference, see his bizarre vendetta against Wlad Klitschko.

Back