Does Anderson's screams haunt anyone else?

Clippy

Good Times
@plutonium
Reaction score
Somehow the horrible visual didn't stick with me or haunt me as much as the audio.

His screams stayed in my head and they are very horrifying

That poor guy.

Not a Silva fan but what a horrible thing to happen to someone - the pain must have been unbelievable! And to come back and still fight after that - props to anderson.

Nope only watched the fight once

Rashads wife and Woodleys mothers scream still haunt me

I frequently picture in my head where he stepped back on that leg and it folded like a chair.

Terrible

I only watched it once, can't remember it honestly.

Don't want to, either.

I can see why, but there is a lot of stuff in the world far worse than sports injuries. For example, I witnessed a fatal accident almost 20 years ago that I still think about regularly and have occasional dreams about.

It makes me never want to break my leg in half that's for sure.

where is the poll? Use your plat benefits dammit!!

I can see why, but there is a lot of stuff in the world far worse than sports injuries. For example, I witnessed a fatal accident almost 20 years ago that I still think about regularly and have occasional dreams about.

This being a UFC forum this was a discussion point I wanted to make, cause when ever someone references this fight I see this.

I watched my 87 year old grandfather forget how to drive in our parking lot, he crashed into the garage so hard the back wall pushed out and I could see his wheels squeeling - I think he thought the brake was the gas? He floored it to the garage and would not let up, so hit reverse and reversed full speed to the road and a truck smashed into his 1984 Crown Victoris, spin it 45 degrees and pushed in the passanger side like tin foil, I screamed and dropped my bag of apples and ran and helped him out, he was covered in blood. The woman who hit him was still gripping the wheel in shock

I mean nobody died but I have nightmares of that to this day, watching a family member almost die and get hit by a truck. And me not knowing my Dad, it was like watching my Dad get hit cause he filled in that role.

I don't look at it that way

It takes bad technique from the kicker and good technique from the checker, which is a skill. So it's rare, but fluke is a bit too far.

It was the pure definition of a Fluke. No one practices to injure/break someone's leg with a checked kick, and there's no way to. It was a freak injury.

This being a UFC forum this was a discussion point I wanted to make, cause when ever someone references this fight I see this.

I watched my 87 year old grandfather forget how to drive in our parking lot, he crashed into the garage so hard the back wall pushed out and I could see his wheels squeeling - I think he thought the brake was the gas? He floored it to the garage and would not let up, so hit reverse and reversed full speed to the road and a truck smashed into his 1984 Crown Victoris, spin it 45 degrees and pushed in the passanger side, I screamed and dropped my bag of apples and ran and helped him out, he was covered in blood. The woman who hit him was still gripping the wheel in shock

I mean nobody died but I have nightmares of that to this day, watching a family member almost die and get hit by a truck. And me not knowing my Dad, it was like watching my Dad get his cause he filled in that role.
Yep, like that. In the context of heavier stuff, something like the Anderson situation seems much milder - cleaner and a more controlled situation.

And having played a lot of sports, I have seen that kind of thing, too. It sucks in the moment, but it turns out ok. Worst was probably a compound fracture of a collarbone. That was kind of ugly.

Back