Is Whittaker too small for Rockhold?

Verace

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I think whittaker has good chances against either Bisping or GSP. But doenst match up well against rockhold.

Luke is a MW who could easily be at LHW.

Robert is a MW who came from WW.

I cant see this going well for Whittaker.

Skill by skill i think they are closer to even. But lukes size is going to be hard to deal with.

I wish it wasnt the case, but id take rockhold in this one.

Yoel is strong, but about the same height as bobby. Luke is like 4 inches taller with way longer reach. Specially with the kicks, he can fight even longer.

How can bobby knuckles figure this one out?

He has far superior boxing to Rockhold, and I think he's capable of keeping it from the ground. He'll be fine.

Rob would murder him I'm sorry but that karate blitz would have Luke sleeping so fast

Easiest top level match up for Rob

Robert would absolutely run through Rockhold. Bobby Knuckles puts dem hands on luke and overwhelms him with boxing.

whitaker is probably rockholds worst match up

rockhold likes to kick and has amazing top control. rockhold has relatively weak boxing. whitaker stays outside and covers distance well. that should make him better at neutralizing rockholds kicks than most. yoel had problems taking him down. rockhold will have serious problems taking him down. rockhold fights with his chin up and get hit a lot. kind of like cowboy. anyways, whitakers hands, speed, and unorthodox style are going to present problems. also cardio. rockhold is a beast but he doesn't have an advantage in this department either

i think rockhold was the best in the world before he got ko'd by bisping. he still might be but whitaker has emerged as a legit contender. he also happens to be a bad style match up for rockhold

I'll take whitaker

Good fight, I want to see it, pulling for Rob, but Not an easy fight for him..

He has far superior boxing to Rockhold, and I think he's capable of keeping it from the ground. He'll be fine.

Rob would murder him I'm sorry but that karate blitz would have Luke sleeping so fast

Easiest top level match up for Rob

Robert would absolutely run through Rockhold. Bobby Knuckles puts dem hands on luke and overwhelms him with boxing.

rockhold likes to kick and has amazing top control. rockhold has relatively weak boxing. whitaker stays outside and covers distance well. that should make him better at neutralizing rockholds kicks than most. yoel had problems taking him down. rockhold will have serious problems taking him down. rockhold fights with his chin up and get hit a lot. kind of like cowboy. anyways, whitakers hands, speed, and unorthodox style are going to present problems. also cardio. rockhold is a beast but he doesn't have an advantage in this department either

i think rockhold was the best in the world before he got ko'd by bisping. he still might be but whitaker has emerged as a legit contender. he also happens to be a bad style match up for rockhold

I'll take whitaker

I wish i was as confident as all of you.

I strongly disagree with this.

Rockhold has way more technical striking than yoel which basically just swings power shots, making it way easier for whittaker to avoid. I think rockhold will have an easier time than yoel with the takedowns. I know this would be against common knowledge because of yoels wrestling pedrigree, but rockhold being taller and his takedowns being mostly not wrestling oriented and mostly trip/cage/clinch based are a bigger problem.

Anyway, i hope im wrong. I really dont want to "i told you so" this one. Hate cockyhold to be honest. lol

Last edited:
Bobby Knuckles got this as long as the fight is on the feet.

Whittaker's TDD was godly in the Romero fight. That, plus he'd KO Rockhold within 2 minutes. You saw how many punches Branch connected on Luke's chin in R1? Imagine Whittaker doing that.

I hope we get to see them fight. Good matchup.

Rockhold just needs to keep it at kicking range and he wins this easily. If he turns it into a grappling match it will be over even quicker. Whittaker has good hands but can't see him closing the distance that easily.

Have I missed a memo? Are they fighting?
Robert wins anyway he wants, anyone who can hang with Jacare on the ground has fuck all to worry about from Rockhold.

He just beat Romero and Jacare he has a great chance against Rockhold.

I think whittaker has good chances against either Bisping or GSP. But doenst match up well against rockhold.

Luke is a MW who could easily be at LHW.

Robert is a MW who came from WW.

I cant see this going well for Whittaker.

Skill by skill i think they are closer to even. But lukes size is going to be hard to deal with.

I wish it wasnt the case, but id take rockhold in this one.

Yoel is strong, but about the same height as bobby. Luke is like 4 inches taller with way longer reach. Specially with the kicks, he can fight even longer.

How can bobby knuckles figure this one out?
I think it's the opposite. Rockhold doesn't have great TDs and Whittaker has amazing TDD. Fight stays standing and Whittaker boxes him up until he gets the KO.

Luke has the best top game in rhat whole division , if it hits the ground roberts in a lot of trouble . And ts made a good point about lukes size , i think he beats robert maybe even stops him .

If Dave Twig can rock Rockhold then Whittaker will seriously put a crevice dent above the brow. I think it will be a good fight for sure but Rockhold is pretty wobbly as of late.

Luke has the best top game in rhat whole division , if it hits the ground roberts in a lot of trouble . And ts made a good point about lukes size , i think he beats robert maybe even stops him .

There's always one..

And here he is!

Back