Perry isnt a tough puzzle to solve.

PalmStrike

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Someone with a decent jab and good, short right hand will KO him easily.

He's also carrying too much muscle and could never fight for 3 rounds.
09-Horodecki-LierlyDSC_0113.jpg

Are you Aware he lost in the UFC less than 12 months ago? He was absolutely dominated by jouban. He's not invincible it's already been proven

Are you Aware he lost in the UFC less than 12 months ago? He was absolutely dominated by jouban. He's not invincible it's already been proven

As much as I loved seeing the male model drop Mike Perry and as much as I personally detest Perry, I'd hardly describe that victory as "absolutely dominated". But, to your point, yes that fight showed that Mike Perry is not the next WW champ. He gets hit a lot, which we saw in the Danny Roberts fight and Ellenburger broke the hell out of his nose before he was finished.

Perry is a tough dude with ko power. He's also fun to watch. But don't get it twisted, he's mid-tier at best..

His Sherdog fan base is mostly tongue and cheek..with a couple of delusionals..

As much as I loved seeing the male model drop Mike Perry and as much as I personally detest Perry, I'd hardly describe that victory as "absolutely dominated". But, to your point, yes that fight showed that Mike Perry is not the next WW champ. He gets hit a lot, which we saw in the Danny Roberts fight and Ellenburger broke the hell out of his nose before he was finished.

Losing a decision to Alan Jouban is not the end of the world for a 26 year old. Especially compared to Aldo getting finished by Avazedo, Whittaker getting finished by some Chinese bartender named Hoon Kim, GSP getting knocked out by Serra, Anderson getting submitted by Chonan via flying heel hook etc etc.

Losing a decision to Alan Jouban is not the end of the world for a 26 year old. Especially comparing to Aldo getting finished by Avazedo, Whittaker getting finished by some Chinese bartender called Hoon Kim, GSP getting knocked out by Serra, Anderson getting submitted by Chonan via flying heel hook etc etc.

Do you actually watch Perry's fights or just jerk off to his highlight reel? You should really watch the fights in their entirety. Dude gets hit a whole lot and if he lets dudes like Lawler, Masvidal, or Condit land on him the way Roberts and Jouban did, he will get finished.

Do you actually watch Perry's fights or just jerk off to his highlight reel? You should really watch the fights in their entirety. Dude gets hit a whole lot and if he lets dudes like Lawler, Masvidal, or Condit land on him the way Roberts and Jouban did, he will get finished.

Do you even reading comprehension? I just said that losses are normal and that fighters improve over time, and you reply saying that he might lose?

May not be a tough puzzle, but good luck getting every piece down before you get ko'd - Jouban showed that you have to out point him, well Perry knows that's his weakness now. Can't wait to see Platinums career play out. One of the most devastating strikers right now

I'm a huge Platinum fan, but I know the dude's limitations. I doubt he'll ever become champ. He'll probably end up being the Mark Hunt and Roy Nelson (minus the fat) of the WW division - A fun KO artist to watch knock people's heads off, but one that you always know will probably fall short of the title when he faces the more skilled fighters at the top of the division.

I understand without condoning the Sherdog attraction to him.

He has the douchey, narcissistic arrogance about him that young shits lap up like bitches in heat for some reason.

And like him or hate him, his fights are entertaining.

But his style of storming in and absorbing blows to get his licks in is not going to serve him well once he starts fighting the elite.

Woodley, Lawler, and and Thompson will wreck him. Maia of course would sub him. I think he would struggle mightily against the likes of RDA, Masvidal, or Cerrone. So it's hard to see who he could beat in the top 10.

Last edited:
May not be a tough puzzle, but good luck getting every piece down before you get ko'd - Jouban showed that you have to out point him, well Perry knows that's his weakness now. Can't wait to see Platinums career play out. One of the most devastating strikers right now

The minute he starts fighting elite fighters he is going to get merked. They should just keep feeding him low tier fighters for the spectacle. Otherwise he will end up the Stephan Struve of the WW division.

Didn't he get humiliated by some journeyman model recently? He's also been KTFO'd by some journeyman boxer too so not sure what all the hype is about. He's just a can crusher at this stage.

To me a puzzle is a fighter who counter strikes and has exciting fights against aggressive and less skilled opponents. But better strikers cancel his skills out causing boring decisions that everyone calls a robbery.

Platinum simply knocks others out.

Someone wins a couple of fights and has a big mouth, and dummies all think he's the next coming of Christ...

Perry is Baroni reincarnated

We all know his ceiling and can only hope for favourable match ups that bring us some JUST BLEED moments

Losing a decision to Alan Jouban is not the end of the world for a 26 year old. Especially compared to Aldo getting finished by Avazedo, Whittaker getting finished by some Chinese bartender named Hoon Kim, GSP getting knocked out by Serra, Anderson getting submitted by Chonan via flying heel hook etc etc.
Indeed.

Still, I felt Roberts was schoolin´him b4 gettin´ reckless...

Back