Joseph Benavidez is not even ranked P4P.

Melas Chasma

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
His only losses ever are to MM and to Cruz at BW, both top10 GOATs.

I remember Helwani whining about how underrated Cormier was when he wasnt ranked 2nd P4P after Jones before their second fight. Benavidez resume is just as good if not arguably better than DCs, but he is not even ranked. That just shows the bias even the most respectable MMA journalists have for higher weightclasses with more media coverage and interest from fans. Helwani or other journalists probably arent even recognizing their own bias.

I have rarely if ever heard anyone say that Benavidez is underrated, despite he clearly is. No-one just cares about FLWs, no matter how skilled they are.

81752.jpg

Megan-Olivi02.jpg

His missus should probably include him on the list

P4P rankings are pointless

On my unimportant scorecard he lost to Cejudo so he wouldn't be in my top 10 as a result either.

Are you the guy who pierced his nipples by any chance?

He's P4P #1 at punching above his weight in finding a woman.

Cejudo beat him the 1st time and if they ever fought again he would get KOd.

i have him at #6 at flyweight. he has had 0 good wins in recent years. got gifted vs cejudo and bagautinov.
though i agree that he's a better fighter than half the people listed on ufc's ridiculous p4p list.

p4p concept is ridiculous

Last edited:
Benavidez not being ranked P4P might be the proof we need that DJ shouldn't be ranked #1 P4P.*

*I'll admit with Bones gone we're running out of options.

I don't see any reason why he should be mentioned in the P4P talks. Just because you're small doesn't mean you should be on the P4P list which some here seem to think.

P4P is the most useless concept in combat sports.

P4P debates are like kids arguing over pokemons.

Back