Do you feel PED problems this severe are truly unique to MMA?

emax

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
When it comes to the UFC, and yes, since UFC remains the major leagues of MMA - no, Bellator does not currently count as major leagues - I am using MMA and UFC synonymously here, do you feel that this sports organization has problems with PEDs that flat out don't exist in football, baseball, basketball or soccer? I have continuously read claims that the UFC has vastly inferior, incapable athletes relative to these other 4 sports and so only they need to use PEDs to this extent. So out of curiosity, how many members here genuinely believe that?

No. If every sport had USADA the results would be the same if not worse as they are richer. Football for instance. Those guys run for 10kms a match and never tire and maintain muscles mass too. I've never heard of any of them failing a test. I bet loads of them are on EPO etc.

They're all on steroids. Football, Basketball, Soccer, Baseball, Tennis, Lawyers, Doctors, Scientists, McDonalds Workers, they're all juicing.

Baseball went through something similar in the 90s. All sports have their cheaters but how rampant they are is anyone's guess.

stages-of-the-2017-tour-de-france.jpg

They're all on steroids. Football, Basketball, Soccer, Baseball, Tennis, Lawyers, Doctors, Scientists, McDonalds Workers, they're all juicing.

I take performance enhancing caffeine before and during my office job. I take breath mints to mask it.

Other sports are smart. They drug test once or twice a year, give notice before testing, and only test for certain things. Everyone in the NFL is on PED's. Football players are on PED's. Rugby players are on PED's. Get on it or forget about a career in sport. Simple.

Companies only hire drug testing agencies to 'market' a clean sport. If the fans weren't such a bunch of fa**ots pretending superman is real, we could forget about testing and nobody would care.

To everyone who was following MMA in 05'. Did anyone give a fuck about drug testing? No. Instead we got great fights, less injuries and a better product. USADA is the worst thing to happen to MMA.

Serious answer. I think it depends on how athletic you need to be at the sport compared to skilled.

When it comes to raw physical ability like sprinting or weightlifting PEDS are obviously going to give a much bigger advantage.

When it comes to skilled based sports like snooker, table tennis, playing chess, E-Sports, PEDS aren't going to help you much as these sports rely more on mental then physical ability(good news for China).

It think it also depends on rigorous the testing it. Sports people are popped for testing in all sorts of sports like Tennis, Cycling, Running, Rugby League, baseball but if you get caught there don't simple get a 6 month suspension then find yourself in finals for a gold medal when you return form suspension.

Other sports are smart. They drug test once or twice a year, give notice before testing, and only test for certain things. Everyone in the NFL is on PED's. Football players are on PED's. Rugby players are on PED's. Get on it or forget about a career in sport. Simple.

Companies only hire drug testing agencies to 'market' a clean sport. If the fans weren't such a bunch of fa**ots pretending superman is real, we could forget about testing and nobody would care.

To everyone who was following MMA in 05'. Did anyone give a fuck about drug testing? No. Instead we got great fights, less injuries and a better product. USADA is the worst thing to happen to MMA.

Dude don't fucking burst my bubble.. I fucking love sports =/

Kinda.

Other sportsmen which are seriously tested doesn't seem to pop that often.

Guys in NFL or other places where you get 4 (literally : four) missed games for roids do not have PED problems obviously.

Since it's not a problem. <45><45>

In MMA is probably a bigger thing because the whole sport started with steroids. An even field has never been there..

They're all doing it. Its just that the ufc Were stupid enough to sign up for usada and their extreme random testing policies

Serious answer. I think it depends on how athletic you need to be at the sport compared to skilled.

When it comes to raw physical ability like sprinting or weightlifting PEDS are obviously going to give a much bigger advantage.

When it comes to skilled based sports like snooker, table tennis, playing chess, E-Sports, PEDS aren't going to help you much as these sports rely more on mental then physical ability(good news for China).

It think it also depends on rigorous the testing it. Sports people are popped for testing in all sorts of sports like Tennis, Cycling, Running, Rugby League, baseball but if you get caught there don't simple get a 6 month suspension then find yourself in finals for a gold medal when you return form suspension.
There's actually a pronounced problem with the use of Adderall in e-sports.

I take performance enhancing caffeine before and during my office job. I take breath mints to mask it.
If caffeine provided benefits that couldn't be matched naturally and had a history of harming the people who used it, it would cause the same problems as sports PED's.

Football (Soccer) is collectively denying any PED influence. Organizations, Clubs, Players, other Officials, all play down the potential bonus of PEDs, any occurences, etc. at all.
Needless to say that considering the amount of money that's on the line in professional football it's highly unlikely that there is no performance enhancing science going on.

Anyone that thinks NFL players don't take PEDs is borderline retarded

Back