Big Nog and Sapp relive their classic, one of the biggest moments and gureatest feats in MMA history

ExitLUPin

K
@Steel
Reaction score

Back when Nog was the P4P #1, finishing a man that outweight him by a couple hundred pounds of pure roided muscle.

it was about as skill/technique VS pure size/strength/power youll get

and Nog prevailed. One of the most important fights on MMA history

It was a very entertaining fight and left many people wondering how far Sapp could go in the fight game. Then CC and Fujita happened and we learned not very far at all.

Last edited:
It was a very entertaining fight and left many people wondering how far Sapp could go in the fight game. Then CC and Fujita happened happened and we learned not very far at all.

Yeah doesnt change the fact that Sapp at the time he fought Nog was arguably legitimately the most terrifying human being on the planet.

That dude outweighed Nog by like 150 pounds of pure roided muscle

Very memorable fight.

But I wouldn't call it one of the most important in MMA history.

Wish Sapp always took it serious, people forget that this dude was an actual fighter and not a pro wrestler and diver.

one of the best moments of MMA history imo. Awesome fight and it really showcased why Nog was considered the best at that time.

The wins over Coleman and Heath were amazing, which started the run. This, the Schilt win, the Hendo rematch all built up his aura so much. Then came Fedor.

Wish Sapp always took it serious, people forget that this dude was an actual fighter and not a pro wrestler and diver.

Nog defended MMA technique from the roided power but Hoost failed to do the same for kickboxing

one of the best moments of MMA history imo. Awesome fight and it really showcased why Nog was considered the best at that time.

The wins over Coleman and Heath were amazing, which started the run. This, the Schilt win, the Hendo rematch all built up his aura so much. Then came Fedor.
people don't realize that Nog was a 19-1 heavyweight. and his one decision loss was avenged when he subbed hendo out by armbar

then he faced fedor

people don't realize that Nog was a 19-1 heavyweight. and his one decision loss was avenged when he subbed hendo out by armbar

then he faced fedor

and that loss was a robbery by most ppls accounts

if Fedor didnt exist Nog from the start of his career till he won the UFC title his record wouldve been 31-2-1 (and he wouldve had a couple more wins in that span to heplace Fedor fights unless maybe he fought Mirko again)

those 2 losses wouldve been a robbery against Hendo in which he easily finished him in the hematch

and the other loss being to one of the best HWs ever in the GOAT HW fight that was razor close and displayed the full array of MMA in which he also avenged

Nog doesnt get enough credit in P4P talks. Hes top 5 alltime IMo and should be top 10 on everyones list

his career is easily more impressive than someone like Daniel Cormier who ppl put on such a high pedestal

if Fedor didnt exist Nog from the start of his career till he won the UFC title his record wouldve been 31-2-1 (and he wouldve had a couple more wins in that span to heplace Fedor fights unless maybe he fought Mirko again)

those 2 losses wouldve been a robbery against Hendo in which he easily finished him in the hematch

and the other loss being to one of the best HWs ever in the GOAT HW fight that was razor close and displayed the full array of MMA in which he also avenged

Nog doesnt get enough credit in P4P talks. Hes top 5 alltime IMo and should be top 10 on everyones list

his career is easily more impressive than someone like Daniel Cormier who ppl put on such a high pedestal
if Fedor didn't exist, Nog would be 28-2 with both of his losses avenged coming into the UFC.
now thats impressive

Bob was an animal when he actually tried. The guy had extreme physical characteristics.

Fedor and Big Nog are my #1 and #2 fighters on all time lists.

Nog defended MMA technique from the roided power but Hoost failed to do the same for kickboxing

Sapp showed a lot of heart in that fight... Still pretty crazy result though.

tumblr_m0wptn4x9I1qdlh1io1_r1_400.gif

Thanks for sharing, I'd love to see more stuff like this. Two guys going over classic fights, watching them together and giving their commentary

and btw Nog is the #2 HW GOAT.. just putting that out there

I completely agree. I see a lot of fighters now a days being called the GOAT and other ridiculous things from simply being more current. So many new fans have no idea about, or no context to appreciate the accomplishments of past fighters.

And even discounting that, I would argue that current heavyweights are less skilled now than during Pride's era. Literally just watch how they perform and compare it to 2005-2006.

I dont even think its an argument.......

Purime Fedor, Mirko, Nog, Sergei, Barnett, Aleks, Arlovski, Semmy, Overeem, Werdum, Hunt, Hicco, Coleman, Randleman then to a lesser extent past guys like Igor, Herring, Kerr, Fujita, Frye...........

I remember watching that fight and was legitimately scared for Big Nog when Sapp piledrived him.

Prime Nog had the GOAT recovery and durability.

Back