Why do fighters continue to take supplements?

superpunch

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Supplements do nothing. They're money pits. 99.9% of them are just scams to take your money. Many of them actually have adverse effects on your body like damaging your organs, getting you chemically addicted, etc. while doing to improve your physical ability.

The .1% that aren't scams are things like protein powder. And you don't need any more than like .5 grams/ 1 lb body weight a day anyway. You get that through food, even on a horrible horrible diet, unless you're eating 100% cheetos. Protein powder only helps if your diet is cheetos. All the shit like saying you need 1 gram/ lb bodyweight a day is bro-science from protein companies.

So these guys are spending $$$, damaging their health, and risking positive drug tests for.. nothing.

Unless the only reason they take supplements is as an excuse?

So they can blame them for being tainted when they get caught for peds

Supplements do nothing. They're money pits. 99.9% of them are just scams to take your money. Many of them actually have adverse effects your body like damaging your organs, getting you chemically addicted, etc. while doing to improve your physical ability.

The .1% that aren't scams are things like protein powder. And you don't need any more than like .5 grams/ 1 lb body weight a day anyway. You get that through food, even on a horrible horrible diet, unless you're eating 100% cheetos. Protein powder only helps if your diet is cheetos. All the shit like saying you need 1 gram/ lb bodyweight a day is bro-science from protein companies.

So these guys are spending $$$, damaging their health, and risking positive drug tests for.. nothing.

Wait, so I'm not getting enough protein on my 100% Cheetos diet?

And you have to watch out for tainted protein powders which are just 100% bleached cheeto dust

So, you're saying that my container of Silverback Gorilla Swole Sauce may have ingredients that may be flagged by USADA?

Heck, even if MusclePharm pays me a few bucks to show up in their ad in Muscle & Fitness, it doesn't mean I have to take their product. Weekend warriors and gym rats don't need to pass USADA testing.

A few times, I found a supplement tablet in the toilet, proving the fucking thing didn't even dissolve to get absorbed. I'm going to try to buy capsule next time.

They don't take any they pretend like they took.

Supplements do nothing. They're money pits. 99.9% of them are just scams to take your money. Many of them actually have adverse effects on your body like damaging your organs, getting you chemically addicted, etc. while doing to improve your physical ability.

i agree with most of what you said. however, i personally have had better success with about .75 grams/lb of body weight and at 230 it is hard to get enough protein from food alone. i have a life and a job and shakes come in handy.

i agree with not buying all in one powders. i buy pure protein, pure blutamin, pure BCAA, pure fish oil, etc and make my own shakes. no mystery ingredients.

Supplements do nothing.

Where do people get these blanket statements from about "supplements". There are thousands of supplements out there... they ALL do nothing? Protein powder is a supplement... protein is useless? Creatine is a supplement which is definitely not useless. There are plenty of other examples of supplements which aren't useless.

Where do people get these blanket statements from about "supplements". There are thousands of supplements out there... they ALL do nothing? Protein powder is a supplement... protein is useless? Creatine is a supplement which is definitely not useless. There are plenty of other examples of supplements which aren't useless.
Yeah, they pretty much all do nothing.

You speak some truth but you speak some bullshit also. I'm torn on how to reply to you really. You are correct that you don't need 1g per lb but high end supplements do help. Many are money pits but not all.

Protein powder is a supplement... protein is useless? Creatine is a supplement which is definitely not useless. There are plenty of other examples of supplements which aren't useless.
Not really.

The two that might get mentioned the most are indeed protein powder and creatine.
Pre-workouts, essentially, are just caffeine with some other bullshit that sounds cool to read.

The only value of protein powder is convenience (for some people).
Other than that, it's pretty useless.
And if you are a full time athlete, you aren't supposed to need to resort to protein powder.

So creatine might be the only, or perhaps one of very few, supplement with some value. But even creatine doesn't do much for quite some people.
Especially if they already consume plenty of meat (possibly not overcooked).

Back