Overeem and Moose did it, why not McGregor?

PRIDE_DREAM_RIZIN

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Everyone's has forgotten MMA guys have succeeded in other sports.
All the K1 guys were making fun of Reem and I remember Remy saying he couldn't hang with them. Reem ended up winning the GP.

Moose was a heavy underdog -350 when he faught former K1 Champ Kyotoro under K1 rules in DREAM and beat him.

McGregor is no different, and it has been done before. It shouldn't be a shock if he beats Floyd.

My head says "they were kickboxers who then turned MMA fighters while Conor has never been a professional boxer and is now up to face one of the greatest to ever do it".

But my heart says "fook it, we're here to take over. Floyd will do fookin nuttin. 49-1".

K1 has the shallowest talent pool of all combat sports, boxing has the deepest.

lol@boxing has the deepest talent pool, having a world title in boxing means nothing, there's maybe 10 total world class boxers over all weight clases. In mma/ufc once you're a title holder you're world class.

Last edited:
My head says "they were kickboxers who then turned MMA fighters while Conor has never been a professional boxer and is now up to face one of the greatest to ever do it".

But my heart says "fook it, we're here to take over. Floyd will do fookin nuttin. 49-1".
Mcgregor is a boxer turned MMA fighter and he isn't versing the best boxer. He's versing a man who 'WAS' the best boxer... Years ago.

He's facing an almost 41yr old man who hasn't fought in 2 years. Stuff happens in the fight game when people get old: Danny Green KO'd Roy Jones. Danny Green is trash. There is a very real chance a prime young man who has been boxing since age 12 flatlines a 41yr old man who is fighting only for money.

Mcgregor is a boxer turned MMA fighter and he isn't versing the best boxer. He's versing a man who 'WAS' the best boxer... Years ago.

He's facing an almost 41yr old man who hasn't fought in 2 years. Stuff happens in the fight game when people get old: Danny Green KO'd Roy Jones. Danny Green is trash. There is a very real chance a prime young man who has been boxing since age 12 flatlines a 41yr old man who is fighting only for money.

I wasn't aware that Roy Jones was undefeated when green kayoed him I could have sworn he was ktfo in two of his last few fights.

Jones and mayweather are nothing alike, mayweather is more like Hopkins who was kicking the ass of young camps well into his 40s.

I wasn't aware that Roy Jones was undefeated when gene kayoed him I could have sworn he was ktfo in two of his last few fights.
Means nothing. The difference in class was night and day and he got annihilated. Age does that. Floyd might be 49-0 but he's still coming 41.

Age always wins. No exceptions. If you're 41 you aren't even close to what you were in your prime. He's about to get KO'd. You've been warned. Don't be surprised when it happens.

Listen to your head, your heart is lying to you. Also what the fuck is this "we" shit? Are you getting in the ring Saturday?

lol@boxing has the deepest, having a world title in boxing means nothing, there's maybe 10 total world class boxers over all weight clases. In mma/ufc once you're a title holder you're world class.

I don't think you know what depth means lol

Everyone's has forgotten MMA guys have succeeded in other sports.
All the K1 guys were making fun of Reem and I remember Remy saying he couldn't hang with them. Reem ended up winning the GP.

Moose was a heavy underdog -350 when he faught former K1 Champ Kyotoro under K1 rules in DREAM and beat him.

McGregor is no different, and it has been done before. It shouldn't be a shock if he beats Floyd.

Nope.

It is easier for a MMA kickboxer to go to kickboxing than boxing.

Kickboxing vs boxing is quite significant.

Listen to your head, your heart is lying to you. Also what the fuck is this "we" shit? Are you getting in the ring Saturday?
Don't be a dick. Every fan ever refers to their team/person they're rooting for as "we." Enjoy your own life and quit being a douche bag to people trying to enjoy theirs. Geez.

To be fair, Overeem beat an already injured Saki in the semis and in the final he beat 40 y/o Aerts who had just come out of a 3rd battle with none other than Semmy Schilt

Don't be a dick. Every fan ever refers to their team/person they're rooting for as "we." Enjoy your own life and quit being a douche bag to people trying to enjoy theirs. Geez.

No not all fans use we, just the ones under 10. Adults shouldn't be using the term we in regards to a team they don't play for. Save that for all the rec league softball teams, and pick up basketball games. I see you're a bama fan, which explains why "we" is so important to you since appropriating other people's success is all you have, Bye.

Last edited:
To be fair, Overeem beat an already injured Saki in the semis and in the final he beat 40 y/o Aerts who had just come out of a 3rd battle with none other than Semmy Schilt
And if Floyd loses, people will say: "To be fair, he's almost 41, he had a two year lay off, his hands broke after the first punch, Conor was three weight classes bigger, Floyd took the fight on short notice and didn't take it seriously... etc etc".

And if Floyd loses, people will say: "To be fair, he's almost 41, he had a two year lay off, his hands broke after the first punch, Conor was three weight classes bigger, Floyd took the fight on short notice and didn't take it seriously... etc etc".

ok...

Back