Demian Maia vs. Colby Covington In The Works For UFC Fight Night Sao Paulo (Poll)

Who Wins?

• Total voters

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

God, I'm so happy this fight got made. Colby Covington is one of the most annoying fighters in MMA right now and Maia is going to choke him right back to the prelims. Can't wait.

maia-vs-fitch-o_medium.gif

Maia is going to take him to school like he did Fitch.

If Colby wins I think I'm going to stop watching MMA for good....

The UFC doesn't want a boring ass, yet admittedly pretty good fighter like Covington getting into the top 5 and eliminating guys they want on top. Maia is the perfect fight for wrestlers like Covington.

I hope Demian ties that cringy jackass up like a pretzel.

Also...strange pic of Maia in the OP.

Nice fight.

I was hoping to see either Usman or Covington get Maia.

Like him or not, it was pretty impressive to see Covington dominate Kim with ease.

I like this fight. one of the few guys who won't be afraid to grapple with Maia. should be fun

Haha bye bye Colby

Worst matchup in the entire division for him

There it is, the fight we talked about. Maia by sub, in a smoke break fight watching a snake slowly coil around its prey.

There it is, the fight we talked about. Maia by sub, in a smoke break fight watching a snake slowly coil around its prey.
SO happy this fight got made. I want to see Covington strangled back to Fight Pass.

Would not surprise me if this is Maia's swan song win or lose.

He turns 40 a few days after the event. Fight in his home town, and I'm sure he knows he won't sniff the upper echelon again.

Back