People should stop calling Jones, ''the greatest talent ever'' now

Ananth

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
No one really knows how much of it was talent. It should rather be the greatest fraud the games ever seen. Three times in a row juicing before his biggest challenge.

I wonder if Jones just stopped using steroids temporarily once he heard DC had pulled out of their bout at UFC 197. He looked so ordinary in that fight. Barely recognizable to his fights vs DC.

Ok
if-you-say-so.gif

biggest fraud more like it. He had the most impressive tale of the tape.

Well regardless of his roiding, he IS a talented fighter who does things in the cage that few do.

He's just a pathological liar and cheater at the same time. lol

Lot's of people think the sport is a joke now thanks to him.

Forever ban hopefully

Meh, the talent was obvious. His career gets a big asterisk, who knows what his record would look like without the juice, but TBF I assume most of these guys are using to some degree.

Regardless he was certainly one of the most talented fighters to step foot in the Octagon, you can acknowledge that and still acknowledge that he was a cheater as well.

Why? Most UFC fighters is on steroids. Your favorite fighters most likely is.

You cannot deny his fight IQ. Hes the smartest fighter ever, he plays chess with his opponents and no PED can teach you that. And even without any sort of steroid he still has big physical advantages.

That being said big chance hes a PED user now, i still hope its not the case but he would still be good without them regardless. Just depends how much they really helped him.

Well regardless of his roiding, he IS a talented fighter who does things in the cage that few do.

He's just a pathological liar and cheater at the same time. lol

Hes undoubtedly very skilled. It just irks me when people keep going on about how he threw it all away or how he had the most natural talent the sport has seen.

If he had some kind of recreational drug habit, these things are understandable. Knowingly roiding repeatedly to get an advantage, shouldn't get any credit.

You cannot deny his fight IQ. Hes the smartest fighter ever, he plays chess with his opponents and no PED can teach you that. And even without any sort of steroid he still has big physical advantages.

That being said big chance hes a PED user now, i still hope its not the case but he would still be good without them regardless. Just depends how much they really helped him.

What if his cardio didn't hold up, or he couldn't over power his opponents. These are all things enhanced by PED's.

Safe to say he has zero chance at redemption ever now. He'll always be remembered as the guy who constantly fucked it all up, what a shame

Why? Most UFC fighters is on steroids. Your favorite fighters most likely is.

My favorite fighter was JDS, and he got busted a couple of days back.

Its naive to think everyone is clean, just like stupid to claim everyone is cheating.

My favorite fighter was JDS, and he got busted a couple of days back.

Its naive to think everyone is clean, just like stupid to claim everyone is cheating.
One is much more naive than the other. At the top there is a vast majority who use vs. don't.

I think Jon needed it for mental reasons. People act like extra testosterone doesn't make you feel almost superhuman. You feel Alpha, confident and aggressive as fuck on steroids. Maybe Jones couldn't find his magic waterfall before the fight to calm himself due to climate change or something. Jones took PEDs because he is mentally weak, got used to them, and could no longer function without them. It's pretty obvious what happened here.

Anabolic steroids dont help cardio
Maybe you are right. I'm not an expert on steroids, but its going to give you an edge in training/mindset, and that is likely influencing your cardio.

Back