Chuck is LHW GOAT to me

Reddd

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Being a fighter is about being a warrior. Chuck embodied that. He beat the best. He fought for the thrill of the sport like a fighter should.

He was not only the champ by the rules, but also the people's champ.

He never ran from fighting challenging match ups. He ran towards them.

That's the legacy of a champion.

Long live the KING!!!!

champ.jpg

Sit down
Be humble
Stop posting

Chuck fought in the little leagues. We saw what happened when he went to Japan.

Lost to Rampage twice, in his prime... hard to compare because there were 2 legitimate promotions back then.

Top 5 LHW Goat for Sure. And yes, chuck loved to fight and in his prime, he was a beast. With JJ popping again and being a real bum, I still think Shogun is the LHW Goat Now. 3-5 would be a toss up between Randy, Rampage, and Chuck

20ucrig.jpg

shogun-ko-b.gif

shogun_overeem_medium.gif

The same guy with unavenged losses where he was brutally finished, twice by Rampage, by two other guys in the LHW GOAT conversation? No

If not Jones, the GOAT is DC as he would wreck everyone else that has fought at LHW.

In that era its hard to find a standout GOAT.

Chuck, Rampage, Wand, Shogun, Randy, Rashad, Machida, are all kind of in the same tier. You could make arguments for any of them.

Lost to Rampage twice, in his prime... hard to compare because there were 2 legitimate promotions back then.

His chin was already shot when he lost to Rampage. I don't really care about his 2nd loss. First one was legit for sure though.

Chuck's last losses sucked, because he still had a lot left in him as far as fighting went. His chin was just glass and a basement dwelling Sherdogger could could slap Chuck on the chin and literally put him to sleep if they wanted to. Chuck had to step away when he did. Sucks, because he had at least two more years of great fights had his chin not been dead.

Chuck fought in the little leagues. We saw what happened when he went to Japan.
I like Chuck but this is true. Even the fights he won in Pride (Mezger, Reem), he was taking a beating before coming back to win. Compare that to his title defenses in the UFC vs the Vernon Whites and Jeremy Horns of the world lmao

1. Wanderlei
2. Shogun
3. Machida
4. Rampage
5. Chuck
6. DC
7. Jones
8. Randy
9. Lil Nog
10. Hendo/Arona/Tito/Phil Davis/Rashad

Last edited:
Being a fighter is about being a warrior. Chuck embodied that. He beat the best. He fought for the thrill of the sport like a fighter should.

He was not only the champ by the rules, but also the people's champ.

He never ran from fighting challenging match ups. He ran towards them.

That's the legacy of a champion.

Long live the KING!!!!

Chuck is my favourite LHW of all time too. He was my favourite fighter at the time and still in my top 5 favourites of all time now.

Chuck is my favourite LHW of all time too. He was my favourite fighter at the time and still in my top 5 favourites of all time now.

I'm just saying no one had the success that he did and acted and embodied what a real champion is. Chuck would fight anyone at any time. In front of a bar, in a cage, or in a front lawn. That is a champion. When you are that way and beat the best in the world, you're the true warrior.

Wanderlei Silva.
He beat Rampage twice who Knocked Out Chuck twice... But did get decisioned to death by Tito Ortiz. But Chuck beat Tito Ortiz twice.

So the goat is Frank Shamrock somehow .....

Back