Be honest: How many of you would like to see Shogun fighting for the title if he beats OSP?

CereserBr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The Shogun love is returning to Sherdog, and many threads about him are poping up....

We all know that there are some guys in front of him... but hey, if Jones is stripped and the title vacated once again, no name holds more legendary status than Mauricio Shogun Rua.

If hes in form, in shape, id like to see him fight the title against whoever... It can be Gus, DC, Volkan, Glover... my man deserves that last title shot for all the glory and joy he gave us throughout the years...

Who can forget the Hendo fights, the Machida fights, the 2005 run... the 20 KOs, all the greatness.

One can argue that DC and Gus are better fighters nowadays but... Are they legends?

Shogun deserves that last crack :)

Man, don't get me wrong, I like you. I really do.

But please, just stop with this Shogun nonsense already lol

One can argue that DC and Gus are better fighters nowadays but... Are they legends?

You can argue that DC/Gus are better fighters in 2017 than Shogun? Really? You think so?

What the hell does being a legend have to do with anything?

Shogun has no chance at being competitive with the upper limits of LHW. It doesn't matter if he is a legend or not.

You be honest, what percentage of people do you feel are dishonest with you?

You're the one creating all Shogun threads. lol

I love Shogun, one my fav fighters I think he should retire but I could see him fighting for the belt if he wins

I have one of the Shogun threads going around but I don't want to see him against the top 5, let alone a shot against DC. Motherfucking Daniel Cormier would have given prime Shogun a ragdolling, not to say Shogun couldn't have hurt him, but in 2017 I've got as much chance against DC as Shogun.

Man, don't get me wrong, I like you. I really do.

But please, just stop with this Shogun nonsense already lol
Lol... i promise, this will be my last thread about him for a while... Im trying to get Sherdog mobilized for a good cause.

You can argue that DC/Gus are better fighters in 2017 than Shogun? Really? You think so?

What the hell does being a legend have to do with anything?

Shogun has no chance at being competitive with the upper limits of LHW. It doesn't matter if he is a legend or not.
Nah... a legend is always a legend and can shine at any moment.

If Gus fights Volkan and winner gets DC, Shogun after that would be fine by me.

Nah... a legend is always a legend and can shine at any moment.

Think with your head and not your heart.

How do you suppose a Royce Gracie vs. Woodley fight would go?

Or even a Tito Ortiz vs. DC fight?

A legendary status doesn't give your superpowers that avoid the effects of aging, injury, and general decline

I've always been a shogun nuthugger. Dude is a G if there ever was one. He peaked early is all. And we know, that jones is a cheating juicer and ruined him. Yes, if he wins a few more, maybe fights a Volkan type guy, id like to see it.

He is my favourite fighter.

I would love to see him win the belt again but I don't see it happening. He is a great gate keeper and a classy guy who deserves all the respect in the world but I think that his best days have long passed him. If he earns the title shot, I will be cheering for him.

TS

I love shogun

nicest person ever and KILLER back in the day

2005 is far gone and now he needs to retire

For some reason, I thought Shogun had a big win since the OSP loss. I heard he could have lost the Nog decision(didn't see it). I don't know. I'm glad he's winning, but I don't want to see him get hurt.

Back