Shouldnt the UFC be penalized in some way if...

PalmStrike

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
...if they are putting on shows and making millions with "dirty" fighters?

Lets say juiced up Brock put Hunto in a coma.

How is the UFC not negligent in some way?

Well that's the risks these guys take. The UFC does better than most trying to keep these cheaters out with USADA.

They take money from the fighters when they test positive.

Who takes the money from the UFC that they made off the tainted fighters performance?

If people suspect that they are putting on a dirty show then people will stop watching. That's the penalty. That's why Sports have anti-doping.

It's not just for fairness, and no, people don't accept enhancement is being okay. If the league is dirty, people will be less interested in supporting.

The case of Brock at UFC 200 is pretty unique. The UFC gave him an exemption for USADA testing leading up to the fight. In general for fighters on the active roster the UFC is penalized by fan perception. They have no control over what Jones or any fighter does going into a fight. They didn't even control the testing which is in the Commissions control but since it wasn't proving to be effective they brought on USADA. Unfortunately life isn't always you committed Infraction X and your punishment is Y.

...if they are putting on shows and making millions with "dirty" fighters?

Lets say juiced up Brock put Hunto in a coma.

Is this a joke? They have a stringent drug testing program in place and the fact that it's catching a guy like Jones and possibly ending his career is good evidence that it's working. I fail to see how they are in any meaningful sense negligent at this point. If they had no program or a token one or a clearly corrupt one then I could see a case but with Brock and Jones getting the chop that notion is absurd. And they are being penalized, their biggest stars are unavailable to make money for them.

Only if there's proof of conspiracy to suppress results... as shady as the jones cocaine results were handled I don't think you can quite accuse UFC of that

Back