Why isn't a fight turned into a DQ loss?

george14

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been posted before, but this has always bothered me. Recently, Lucian Bute and Badou Jack fought to a draw (garbage decision, Jack won) and Bute failed the post fight test. They reversed the draw to a DQ win for Jack.

In my eyes, if you piss hot post fight, you should get a loss on your record. Yes people will always say "it's not a real loss" but to me it should count as one. Thoughts?

Nah but he should get a % of Jones $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

It was still a filthy head kick KO. Steroids didn't do that.

I thought I read that they were going to start doing that. Haven't seen it done in a major org yet

You don't get it. If he wasn't on steroids, he may not have even gotten to the third round, or he may not have had the ability to land the kick.

I know the Brazilian commission CABMMA has done that, but I don't know whether CSAC ever has.

What's the difference? Its stupid semantics.

Its like when a coach gets caught with recruiting violations and they "vacate wins". No, those wins still happened lol, we all remember them.

I only found it weird that you get a nice part of your opponent's purse if he misses weight by a pound, but not if he gets caught with half of Lance Armstrong's pharmacy in his veins.

Shit just give DC all of Jones earnings. I know it would't happen but that's how pissed you feel when this goes down. Let the win stand but take the belt and the money.

No, they just made Jones able to train harder, longer, and made everything he does stronger and with more power. Of course it contributed to the KO, don't be stupid. It should be a loss.

Youre right. People just take roids and peds to risk getting caught. Doesnt help putting hours into the gym easier or give you strength and endurance boost where normally youd be gassed out.

What's the difference? Its stupid semantics.

Its like when a coach gets caught with recruiting violations and they "vacate wins". No, those wins still happened lol, we all remember them.
Jones won via cheating. This isn't some administrative punishment for actions that don't directly effect a performance. If Jones stabbed DC in the cage, would we remember it as a loss for DC, or would we be reasonable and recognize that Jones' 'win' is not credible?

Jones 'won' via fraudulent means, which means it was not a 'win' at all.

Last edited:
Jones won via cheating. This isn't some administrative punishment for actions that don't directly effect a performance. If Jones stabbed DC in the cage, would we remember it as a loss for DC, or would we be reasonable and recognize that Jones' 'win' is not credible?

Jones 'won' via fraudulent means, which means it was not a 'win' at all.
Congrats on missing the point. Who care if it says DQ or no contest? It is semantics and makes no difference to anything

Congrats on missing the point. Who care if it says DQ or no contest? It is semantics and makes no difference to anything

The analogy you gave was not a parallel to this situation. This shouldn't be difficult. And you're use of the word "semantics" is incorrect in this context as we are not discussing the reasonable meaning and interpretation of words. And I'm pretty sure DC feels hugely vindicated, and as such, this can hardly be thought of as a distinction without a difference.

So, congrats for being a twat.

Because Jones won. Plain and simple.
$

The analogy you gave was not a parallel to this situation. This shouldn't be difficult. And you're use of the word "semantics" is incorrect in this context as we are not discussing the reasonable meaning and interpretation of words. And I'm pretty sure DC feels hugely vindicated, and as such, this can hardly be thought of as a distinction without a difference.

So, congrats for being a twat.
What. Difference. Does. It. Make?

Zero.

We all saw the fight and we know Jones pissed hot. Who cares if the athletic commission wants to say it is a no contest or a DQ? Doesn't change a damn thing.

twat lol. Congrats on posting like a 5 year old.

What. Difference. Does. It. Make?

Zero.

We all saw the fight and we know Jones pissed hot. Who cares if the athletic commission wants to say it is a no contest or a DQ? Doesn't change a damn thing.

twat lol. Congrats on posting like a 5 year old.

Why have records at all then? Better to assume that everyone will have seen every fight, understand the context of the fight, and form their own opinions about a fighter's career? That sounds very ambiguous.

records shouldnt be used for punishment they should reflect the actual result.

Losses changed over any positive test? Weed = loss? Some nose/throat spray that isn't performance enhancing but banned = loss.

Nope id rather see a NC by far.

Back