If Jones was still the GOAT after one failure, then he's still the GOAT after the second failure.

The Natural Born Runner

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
People who were willing to still consider Jones as the GOAT after his "dick pill" incident should still consider him the GOAT after this recent failure.

He's either the GOAT or not, it's really that simple. Steroids or PEDs in general either completely nuliffy a legacy or they don't nullify it at all, you can't have a glass half full approach to this.

If you are one of those who want to delete Jones' legacy entirely, then I hope you also completely nullify Dan Henderson, Chad Mendes, Lyoto Machida, Vitor Belfort, Anderson Silva and a heap of other fighter's legacy also.

In my opinion, I think 99% of fighters have induced some form of PED - who are we to judge on these things?

Let's say hypothetically that someone like Aldo or Cruz doesn't ever fail a PED test, we will never truly know if they took a PED or not. Think about how many tests Jones passed without failure during his lead up to the Cormier fight, if that's not proof that people can hide a substance, I'm not sure what is.

To me, he's still the GOAT.

He redeemed himself to an extent after the first failure.

That redemption has just been thrown out of the window and will never return.

He was presumably on steroids for every fight he's had.

Fedor, GSP, Anderson & Conor all have a better claim than him, in my 'umble opinion.

No.

There's that saying, "once a cheater, always a cheater".

I don't believe in that. I do, however, believe in "twice a cheater, always a cheater". So I'm done with Jones if it turns out that he's actually getting banned and doesn't present a solid legal defense.

cCPh3fg.gif

He redeemed himself to an extent after the first failure.

That redemption has just been thrown out of the window and will never return.
lol What?

He failed, was given/served the maximum suspension, got an immediate title-shot and then failed again. Which part of the process was the redemption?

He was presumably on steroids for every fight he's had.

Fedor, GSP, Anderson & Conor all have a better claim than him, in my 'umble opinion.

Anderson is allowed to fail a drugs test and Jones isn't.

also Conor being talked about as an all time great is a laugh. Im irish and a fan but can look at things objectively. He hasn't even cracked the top 10 p4p (likely even outside the top 20) big fan and all but he is sill leagues under Aldo despite a head to head win at the end of Aldos career. Really look at how many good wins he has to be in the same sentince as Fedor/GSP etc..

He never was GOAT. that's the right answer.

TS rocking a Jones avatar... makes sense

I agree with your logic TS, but not your conclusion. Jones is not the GOAT. Never was.

Anderson is allowed to fail a drugs test and Jones isn't.

also Conor being talked about as an all time great is a laugh. Im irish and a fan but can look at things objectively. He hasn't even cracked the top 10 p4p (likely even outside the top 20) big fan and all but he is sill leagues under Aldo despite a head to head win at the end of Aldos career. Really look at how many good wins he has to be in the same sentince as Fedor/GSP etc..

where did you see anderson was allowed ?
mctap is not even in the discussion

Let's not forget he also hid under the octagon to avoid testers once. All evidence points to him using steroids throughout his career.

GOATs don't need roids to be the best. He is a cheat (again). Time to wake up to reality

In terms of absolute resume ignoring failed tests, Jon has the best ever. It's not particularly close, and I agree its inconsistent to not hold Andy to the same standard. So, if you ignore PEDs, he's the GOAT.

However, taking them into account - he's used up all his second chances. He's a deliberate cheater and a borderline sociopath. He feels the need to cheat against a man nearly 10 years older than him, half a foot shorter than him and with a foot less reach. He's a lying, self-destructive slimy cheat with some kind of inferiority complex. I don't think he would have beaten DC clean.

Back