- Jones will not fight again anytime soon
- Jones fucked up
- DC got KO'd hard
- Jones is an idiot
- There is no champion
- Why does Jones keep fucking up?
- The UFC cannot sell DC as a champ as he got wrecked, steroids or not
- It's like Jones just wants his carreer to derail

So now, we need a champion, DC can't be the champ by default because he got beaten solidly, and hard. So I think the title should be vacant. To be honest, the only fight to make here is DC vs Gus 2. Which is a great fight, but after getting starched so hard by Jones, DC will need to recover at least like 6 months.

So what's the title fight we need here? The division is wide open.

Gus vs Oezdemir? (winner fights DC?)
Gus vs Shogun? (this is WAY more marketable)

Or should we wait for DC to return and make Gus vs DC? And Oezdemir vs Shogun for the next shot?

Btw, don't start hating on Shogun, he's one of the few LHW's on a decent winstreak (3 fights)

Before I forget: Jones fucked up bigtime.

I think we all just need to sit tight until we get Ja Rule's thoughts on this situation. @Threetrees @Soul On Ice
giphy.gif

I'm just over here longing for days before drug testing was the #1 issue on everyone's mind.

I really don't give a shit what cage fighters put in their bodies to prepare for cage fighting. Call me crazy.

That would be perfect, but Rumble is retired.

And Jones fucked up

And AJ lost to DC twice, and Gus lost to DC, and you don't lose the belt in a fight declared a no contest.

actually dc would be the champ if this ends up being a real positive test because the fight would be turned to a nc so he would have never lost the belt

actually dc would be the champ if this ends up being a real positive test because the fight would be turned to a nc so he would have never lost the belt

The problem with that is that DC got destroyed by Jones, and therefore can not be seen as a marketable champion. To really be the champ, the next fight needs to be for the 'vacant' LHW belt in my opinion. And DC is going to need to recover a little while.

Jones intentionally ducked Gus by abusing steroids.
hqdefault.jpg
e

He wasn't eager for a repeat performance of what Gus did to him in their 1st fight.

DC vs Gus 2

And Jones fucked up

And AJ lost to DC twice, and Gus lost to DC, and you don't lose the belt in a fight declared a no contest.

DC definitely cant fight for at least another 6 months, That's why i didn't include him. It goes without saying that he gets a shot as soon as he's healthy. Seeing as Gus Jones 2 was allegedly in the works, it makes sense Gus gets a shot in the mean time.

If the winner between OSP vs Shogun gets out healthy, do him vs Gus I think. (I just saw this fight is planned)

Else Gus vs Oezdemir, but I really feel Oezdemir needs a signature win vs a household name (perhaps him vs Glover?)

If the fight is a NC, then Cormier is still LHW Champion.

Marketable or not, DC is the champ. This ain't WWE, bitch.

DC definitely cant fight for at least another 6 months, That's why i didn't include him. It goes without saying that he gets a shot as soon as he's healthy. Seeing as Gus Jones 2 was allegedly in the works, it makes sense Gus gets a shot in the mean time.

I don't think he fights for a while either, but he doesn't "get a shot". No contest equals no loss, which makes him champion still.

Jones needs to throw that belt he got into the garbage, where he threw his career.

Dana said they were working on Jones vs Stipe, not Jones vs Gus.

I don't think he fights for a while either, but he doesn't "get a shot". No contest equals no loss, which makes him champion still.

Jones needs to throw that belt he got into the garbage, where he threw his career.

Dana said they were working on Jones vs Stipe, not Jones vs Gus.

Agree, I just don't want to see the division on hold for a long time again. Up until Dana mentioned the Stipe fight today, the general consensus was Gus 2 was in the works. If you believe the sherdog forums anyway aha.

Back