So, what happens to the LHW division now?

Dream20

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Is it Cormier vs. Gustafsson 2 for the title?

I believe it was a split decision last time. Should be a good fight.

Jones is obviously stripped AGAIN.

Either DC remains default champ, or he fights for vacant belt against the top contender.

The better question is... could Dana White & Jon Jones friendship still be saved...

In simple terms.

IT'S FUCKED.

Just bin it.

205's been super shallow for fucking yeeeeeeeeeeears now, at least since back when Shogun got a title shot off a 2-win streak which included an embarrassingly shithouse performance against a 732yo mostly retired Mark Coleman.

Hell, of Jonny Bones' first 6 title fights only ONE had more than a current 2-fight win streak at LHW. Just a shit show of a division, which hurts to say since it was once the glory division of the UFC.

So fold the fucker. Anyone who can make MW, drop to 185. Everyone else, you're a heavyweight now.

Last edited:
In simple terms.

IT'S FUCKED.
That's what I was thinking.

I have zero interest in Gus-DC II.

Make it Gus vs Oezdemir for the vacant belt.

But no champ will feel right. LHW is done for now. It will take years to recover. If it ever will. It's not like there is a flood of talent.

Jones is obviously stripped AGAIN.

Either DC remains default champ, or he fights for vacant belt against the top contender.
Don't quote me on this, but iirc all new champions are appointed "provisionally" until they pass the in-competition tests.

So, in theory DC should be re-instated. However, this the UFC, so rules are changed as they proceed.

16-Man Light Heavyweight Tournament baby!

ox9Aq5C.gif

Yeah, DC will (should) defend against Gus and then we just go from there.

I think it just goes back to where it was pre Jones/DC 2.

If Shogun beats OSP in dominant fashion... Hes in for a shitle tot :)

DC is going to have to take some time off after that KO so in the meantime have Gus vs Volkan then winner vs DC for the title.

Volkan is going to apply his death tap to all comers and will be champ before much time passes.

Whats up, brah? How are the feelings, with the upcoming Conor fight this saturday?
Oh man, I'm so excited. I've been a boxing fan long before I was an MMA fan, and my favorite MMA fighter is going to fight one of the best boxers. It sure will be interesting no matter what happens!

Rocking the av, you know my thoughts. Gotta pull for Conor!

Oh man, I'm so excited. I've been a boxing fan long before I was an MMA fan, and my favorite MMA fighter is going to fight one of the best boxers. It sure will be interesting no matter what happens!

Rocking the av, you know my thoughts. Gotta pull for Conor!
Im pulling for Conor too... gonna be a tough one.

Back