Is there anyone that has sabotaged their career as much as Jones?

The Tenant

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
When you look at it in context - meteoric rise, world at his feet young super-athlete, reigning 'undefeated' UFC champion, promoted as a good guy Christian - it's crazy how hugely Jones has f*cked up his career. Is there anyone that even comes close, given the gravity of his accomplishments and potential?

Hit and run, DWI, coke, destroyed media image, PEDS x 2, eye-pokes, car accident, refusing title fights, etc. etc.

If you'd have told me this stuff back when he was lighting the world on fire destroying Shogun, Bader etc. I wouldn't have believed it. He's derailed his career irepairablely, and that's sad, because he is one of the greats, whether you like him or not. He's robbed himself of an untouchable legacy. I honestly feel bad for him. It seems like he's been ever increasingly unravelling since he hit his apex.

Jon is done.

I've always called him the GOAT, but its over for him now. No coming back from this one.

BJ Penn comes to mind with his laziness. Nobody is close to Jones though

Dispite all those fuck ups he still became champion twice and made millions of dollars along the way. He could be finished now though.

He'll probably then proceed to piss away all of his money on drugs(cocaine), hoes, legal costs, cars(Bentleys), investment is fast food chains like the typical footballer, boxer or basketball players does after their careers are done.

Last edited by a moderator:
All Combat sports Mike Tyson. Easily coulda been first 1 billion dollar athlete had he stuck with guys who got him there, didnt "rape", slack off etc. Wheels came off much earlier too.

All Combat sports Mike Tyson. Easily coulda been first 1 billion dollar athlete had he stuck with guys who got him there, didnt "rape", slack off etc.

I agree to extent. The thing with Tyson though is he always had that rogue element to him. He was 'bad', and cultivated that image. Jones on the other hand was a squeaky clean, technical super athlete. The face of the sport, like Tyson was, but for the opposite reasons - the virtuous, MMA prodigy.

That's a huge part of the profound downfall he's had.

I agree to extent. The thing with Tyson though is he always had that rogue element to him. He was 'bad', and cultivated that image. Jones on the other hand was a squeaky clean, technical super athlete. The face of the sport, like Tyson was, but for the opposite reasons - the virtuous, MMA prodigy.

That's a huge part of the profound downfall he's had.
Love them bible quotes as you're banging hoes that ain't your wife, sorry babies mother.

When you look at it in context - meteoric rise, world at his feet young super-athlete, reigning 'undefeated' UFC champion, promoted as a good guy Christian - it's crazy how hugely Jones has f*cked up his career. Is there anyone that even comes close, given the gravity of his accomplishments and potential?

Hit and run, DWI, coke, destroyed media image, PEDS x 2, eye-pokes, car accident, refusing title fights, etc. etc.

If you'd have told me this stuff back when he was lighting the world on fire destroying Shogun, Bader etc. I wouldn't have believed it. He's derailed his career irepairablely, and that's sad, because he is one of the greats, whether you like him or not. He's robbed himself of an untouchable legacy. I honestly feel bad for him. It seems like he's been ever increasingly unravelling since he hit his apex.

I just wanna say you got a cool AV.

This AV of yours makes my friend @Myrddin Wild very happy and jelly. Right @BC :D

You make it seem like he would have been undefeated and finished everybody if he was clean his entire career...

I'm sure the PEDs had no benefit whatsoever. He just used them to look cool like the smokers.

Last edited:
Doubtful. Lee Murray comes second - a promising career, lightning fast, riding that "I KOed Tito in a back alley" train, then goes and performs an armored heist.

Back