Juiced Jon Jones ducked Chael Sonnen

Troy Nelson

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Jon Jones the Juice man was scared to fight Chael Sonnen. Just let that sink in.

On top of that he was so scared of DC he juiced AGAIN after nearly ruining his career the first time.

Is this man the biggest mental midget in combat sports besides 2nd round Vitor?

Meh.

He DID wind up fighting Shael eventually.

But he will always be Jon Juicehead Jones from this point on.

Now that you mention it, maybe the real reason he wouldn't "fight Chael Sonnen on eight days' notice" was because it was inopportune timing for whatever steroid cycle he was on.

Jones cannot beat the guys he's beat without PEDS. Being realistic he's not that talented without steroids. Enough with the nuthugger bullshit. He's a average fighter without peds and would have got raped by DC both times.

In all fairness, Chael was on some supreme shit. Like Bane-worthy

He probably was in the middle of cycling and didn't wanna get caught so refused

In retrospect, was anyone clean around UFC 151? Hendo was on TRT, pulls out, with a knee injury, so Chael steps in, and allegedly, Anderson also offered to step in. Juicy Jones ends up fighting TRT Vitor. All 5 of these dudes have either been on TRT or popped for d3ck pills/PEDs.

To be fair to Jones, Chael was a very scary opponent.

I mean, sure, Chael had never beaten a quality LHW opponent and hadn't even fought in the division for eight years, but still.

Very scary.

Sonnen was 27 seconds of survival away from defeating Jones, still breaks my heart. That is the REAL "imagine if things had been ever so slightly different" scenario from Jones' career that I think boggles my mind the most.

Honestly this is too much to process, it's gonna take the board a few weeks to put all of this in perspective.

Jones was thinking old Team Quest set him up real good like they knew a few months in advance that Dan will pull out (injury happened way earlier) and they will switch with Cheal.

Jones for all his 'not training' he sure trains, studies and gameplans vs each style and fighter he faces.. so add the fact Rashad used to keep him down in practice (so he had a fear for that at that time) and Chael considered a top 3 offensive wrestler in MMA at that time coming off the Anderson fights when he almost won and wrestled a GOAT in hardcore fashion our champ Jon was considering they set him up and they were training with Chael for Jones months back planing to take his belt away.

He was over thinking it and Chael's defensive wrestling proved to be not even 10% of his offensive prowess.

He didnt fight chael because it was a joke of a fight that shouldnt have happened which was proven by the fact he beat him like a big brother slapping around his little sibling.

Also hello shaels only remaining fan.

Jones was thinking old Team Quest set him up real good like they knew a few months in advance that Dan will pull out (injury happened way earlier) and they will switch with Cheal.

Jones for all his 'not training' he sure trains, studies and gameplans vs each style and fighter he faces.. so add the fact Rashad used to keep him down in practice (so he had a fear for that at that time) and Chael considered a top 3 offensive wrestler in MMA at that time coming off the Anderson fights when he almost won and wrestled a GOAT in hardcore fashion our champ Jon was considering they set him up and they were training with Chael for Jones months back planing to take his belt away.

He was over thinking it and Chael's defensive wrestling proved to be not even 10% of his offensive prowess.
what?

Chael was undefeated in the LHW division for 8 years at the time. I wouldn't have wanted to fight him either if I was Jones.

Back