"GSP doesn't want to fight me. Bisping is a safer right. I can't respect that." - Woodley

Defanged

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
“Georges St-Pierre, man,” he said. “I watched him as a champion for my entire career. He got away [retired] right before I had the chance to get my hands on him, and now you come back and you don’t come back to your own weight class? I can’t really respect that.”

Woodley, of course, has made no secret of the fact that he believes St-Pierre is avoiding him.

“I don’t think he wants to fight me,” Woodley told BJPenn.com’s Chris Taylor earlier this month. I don’t think he wants to come back and fight a guy like me. He wants to fight a guy like Bisping because they are very evenly matched. Bisping is not a huge middleweight. Michael is not known as a guy who will knock your head off and he is not going to outwrestle Georges. So style wise it is a very safe matchup for Georges. He knows that he could potentially lose to Bisping, but that it is a much safer fight for him.”

“One of the reasons he left (Georges St-Pierre) was because he was worried about concussions. With Bisping he doesn’t have to worry about that as much. With me, he knows I am coming to knock him out. Plus I am very hard to takedown and would probably end up taking him down. So he’s not used to that style of matchup. The only guy who was kind of like me was Johny Hendricks and he made Georges go crawl in a cave for three years.”

http://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/tyron-woodley/tyron-woodley-explains-cant-respect-gsp/

Before the predictable, ignorant, Woodley haters come out of the woodwork on this one, let's be clear.

GSP IS DUCKING WOODLEY. To come back and fight at MW when you left as the king of WW means you don't want to diminish your legacy.

Losing to Bisping always gives GSP the "Well, I was smaller, card." Losing to Woodley would leave many asking if GSP fought less than top tier fighters.

I understand that Woodley wants this fight bc of the money but he's out of his mind if he actually believes this.

GSP most likely doesn't want to fight at WW bc his training partner (Wonder Boy) is close to getting another title shot

In terms of "safety" Woodley is much safer. Dude is human ambien

“Georges St-Pierre, man,” he said. “I watched him as a champion for my entire career. He got away [retired] right before I had the chance to get my hands on him, and now you come back and you don’t come back to your own weight class? I can’t really respect that.”

Woodley, of course, has made no secret of the fact that he believes St-Pierre is avoiding him.

“I don’t think he wants to fight me,” Woodley told BJPenn.com’s Chris Taylor earlier this month. I don’t think he wants to come back and fight a guy like me. He wants to fight a guy like Bisping because they are very evenly matched. Bisping is not a huge middleweight. Michael is not known as a guy who will knock your head off and he is not going to outwrestle Georges. So style wise it is a very safe matchup for Georges. He knows that he could potentially lose to Bisping, but that it is a much safer fight for him.”

“One of the reasons he left (Georges St-Pierre) was because he was worried about concussions. With Bisping he doesn’t have to worry about that as much. With me, he knows I am coming to knock him out. Plus I am very hard to takedown and would probably end up taking him down. So he’s not used to that style of matchup. The only guy who was kind of like me was Johny Hendricks and he made Georges go crawl in a cave for three years.”

http://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/tyron-woodley/tyron-woodley-explains-cant-respect-gsp/

Before the predictable, ignorant, Woodley haters come out of the woodwork on this one, let's be clear.

GSP IS DUCKING WOODLEY. To come back and fight at MW when you left as the king of WW means you don't want to diminish your legacy.

Losing to Bisping always gives GSP the "Well, I was smaller, card." Losing to Woodley would leave many asking if GSP fought less than top tier fighters.

He owns every relevant ww record. He wanted something new and a MW tittle is something new.

"With me, he knows I am coming to knock him out. Plus I am very hard to takedown and would probably end up taking him down."

<LikeReally5><YeahOKJen><[analyzed}>

nkjVUpN.gif

Woodley is right about Bisping being a safer matchup, and GSP has a history of angling for safe matches.
But at the same time, Woodley blew his opportunity to fight GSP with his last performance.

Last edited:
I understand that Woodley wants this fight bc of the money but he's out of his mind if he actually believes this.

GSP most likely doesn't want to fight at WW bc his training partner (Wonder Boy) is close to getting another title shot
Wonderboy got 2 of the last 3 title shots and came away empty handed.
i don't think GSP has an issue there.

I think that the real question is who ISN'T ducking Woodley. Billions of people on the planet and well over 99% of them are not lining up to fight Woodley.

interestingly, 99% is also the approximate percentage of fight fans who don't really care what Woodley says.

my advice - talk more about guys you do want to fight vs guys who you think are not available to fight. I think Woodley needs to get a better media presence and line up a fight that will be fun to watch. the dude has defended his belt a couple of times now and I feel like he is invisible except when saying something stupid.

Gsp had his competitive career and has nothing to win fighting an underwhelming WW champion. Now he wants a money fight. Is normal.

For once, I agree with Woodley.

The guy who beat Anderson Silva and Luke Rockhold is the easier fight vs the guy who plays touch but with Maia for 5 rounds

Yeah fucking right

You could spend the majority of the fight pushing the pace, backing Woodley against the cage all night and still lose the decision. I wouldn't want that fight either.

Woodley has the safest fights in the UFC, absolutely no one gets hurt.

Bisping is better than stupid Woodley.
If you think Bisping is so bad, go fight him.. oh wait, you got your ass kicked by Nate Marquardt who got wrecked by Silva, who in turn lost to Bisping.

Woodley, you couldn't even beat Rory, who is a lesser fighter than GSP.

Go be boring as fuck some more.

Woodley's level of excitement in the cage makes GSP look like Tony Ferguson.

Overrated as they come.

Back