Excellent breakdown of McGregor's technique

Does Jack Slack write articles anymore? I always enjoyed his columns, but I haven't seen an update since the Weidman/Gastelum fight.

enjoyed that. Was hoping for something on is fight this weekend.

CAUTION! This video is not for the painted heart!

The Primer Primer.

{<Mcgoat}

6'41" minutes of dick riding McGregor.

He doesn't even touch on all the mistakes that McGregor is making that better fighters could exploit. When McGregor throws a punch, he too is overextended and looks like he is going to fall over. With his chin often fully exposed. He moves in and out, and is very predictable.

He has a lot of holes, just because the UFC hasn't matched him with a fighter that can exploit those holes, it doesn't mean his style is simply that good.

The only way we can infer with a reasonable degree of probability if his style is really that good, is by him defending the belts against number one contenders, and not hand-picked money fights.

He has a lot of holes, just because the UFC hasn't matched him with a fighter that can exploit those holes, it doesn't mean his style is simply that good.
Fighters like?
He fought Mendez, Aldo, Max - the top 3 FWs
And the LW champ Alvarez.
Who did he duck that would've exploited standing holes? Khabib or Frankie are not standup fighters anyway.

Fighters like?
Who did he duck that would've exploited standing holes? Khabib or Frankie are not standup fighters anyway.

This. Certainly, slag off Conor for not fighting guys like Khabib and Edgar to date, but don't even dream of claiming those guys would be exposing his striking. We all know what theyd be exposing, and it isn't anything that matters in this boxing match.

I'm completely done with it. I cannot wait for this boxing match to be done, I want the limelight back on MMA. I'm sick of going on MMAJUNKIE and seeing 9/10 articles about stupid little promo and hype vids of the boxing match. Or shit WWE trashtalk.

Fighters like?
Mendes was on two weeks notice; and people seem to forget that Chad was landing plenty of good strikes on the feet. And Max was only 21 when he fought Conor; and wasn't even top 15 in the division yet. Conor certainly didn't fight anything close to the current version of Max.

That being said, I agree with your overall point. Conor didn't duck any strikers. In fact, the UFC clearly went out of their way to match him up with strikers to avoid the grapplers. People can say whatever they want about Conor, but the man is obviously a monster on the feet.

You can say that about any fighter that ever existed.

I've stopped counting how many times Jack Hack have been embarrassingly wrong between his rare "blind hen finds a grain of corn" moments. Is this one worth watching or more of the same clueless garbage?

Any word if we can order Mayweather vs. McGregor through UFC Fight Pass?

I've stopped counting how many times Jack Hack have been embarrassingly wrong between his rare "blind hen finds a grain of corn" moments. Is this one worth watching or more of the same clueless garbage?

Like what?

He doesn't even touch on all the mistakes that McGregor is making that better fighters could exploit. When McGregor throws a punch, he too is overextended and looks like he is going to fall over. With his chin often fully exposed. He moves in and out, and is very predictable.

The only way we can infer with a reasonable degree of probability if his style is really that good, is by him defending the belts against number one contenders, and not hand-picked money fights.

Jesus Christ this is some of the dumbest bullshit I've ever read.

First you say he "hasn't" faced this whatever imaginary fighter you've created without any specificity whatsoever. Then say he can only prove himself, not by fighting this completely unknown fighter you just made up, but by conjuring up this completely out of thin air bullet point of "defending" his belt against a "number one contender". So any other fight he's ever had has no bearing on his skillset. What a crock of shit.

I don't need to see Khabib get a belt and then defend it to see he has incredible wrestling.

I don't need to see Damian Maia win a championship and then defend it to see he has world class BJJ.

I don't need to watch Gustuffson beat Jones and then defend his belt to tell me that he has some of the best hands and footwork in the division.

GTFO of here with your worthless, hater, breakdown where you've spinned everything to rely solely on the one thing that hasn't happened. And even if that happened, you know you'd just discredit the win.

I enjoyed that breakdown. Good exposition of his strengths. Spin kicks as an opponent looks for dominant position is a smart advantage.

Ok, name a few contenders that would exploit his striking. He slept Aldo and he beat Max. Max was young, give you that but Conor was clearly the better striker.

Back