Most tough to finish and durable fighters currently?

Gregoire1

дезоксерибонулеиновая кислота
@purple
Reaction score
Rank your top-5 most tough to finish (chin + recovery) and durable guys in MMA today?

For me, its Cruz, Hunt, Rothwell, Jones, DC, Fergusson, maybe Gus?

Both Diaz brothers, Jones, Rory, Holloway, Frankie.

Masvidal hasn't been finished in over 8 years, 23 straight fights

5 split decision losses in that time tho lol

Masvidal's chin and longevity are underrated as fuk around here!

Last finished by Bellator

r29.gif

Gaethje is like the terminator. You knock him down, he keeps on coming back up.

Diaz brothers, Jeremy Stephens, Max Holloway, Frankie Edgar, Tony Ferguson

honorable mention: Stipe Miocic (was a TKO when he was finished, plus he slipped on the floor, closing enough distance for Struve to land the big punch)

Rampage. He was last stopped (TKO'd) in 2005. I remember Bas Rutten telling a story about trying do demonstrate a punch on Quinton and misjudging . He said he clocked Quinton right on the chin....HARD and he just ate it without even flinching. He said he was apologizing but Quinton wasn't even fazed.

Last edited:
Ferg fought 2 rounds with a shatterd arm vs MJ and MJ still couldnt finish him.

Jones. Took a serious ass whopping vs Gus and kept coming. Never been stopped.

Nick Diaz. Never been stopped at A level koons cut dont count

Hunt - I though Stepie was gonna kill him and the beating kept going and going and he endured.

Frankie. Also never been stopped despite serious beatings.

A lot of good answers in this thread. I'm actually appreciating the lack of sarcasm for the most part.

Not because I'm bitter, but because this is the only place I get to talk mma, and I appreciate some intelligent talk from time to time.

Anyway, here's my top 5:

5. DHC: I think the Cub fight showed us all we had to know about this killer. Not only was I impressed with his chin, but at the ferocity at which he still came at Cub with after being hurt. Amazing chin, and recovery. A future just bleed Saint for sure.

4. Frankie Edgar: The little Frankie that could! This guy has fought nothing but killers for over 9 year's, and could only ever be put on queer street, but never finished. What makes Frankie truly great is not only his chin and recovery, but it's resistance across weight classes and a variety of opposition.

3. DC: Getting a little lazy here, and I'm high, but anyways..Champ Huge balls! Just like Frankie, DC's chin has held up across weight classes to tough opposition. Falling only to P4P king Jon Jones.

2. Jon Jones: Can't even remember him being rocked. This is against the highest level opposition available.

1. Jon Linekar: This guy ate shots from Jon fucking Dodson like they were m&m's. Didn't even flinch. Savage.

Rampage. He was last stopped (TKO'd) in 2005. I remember Bas Rutten telling a story about trying do demonstrate a punch on Quinton and misjudging . He said he clocked Quinton right on the chin....HARD and he just ate it without even flinching. He said he was apologizing but Quinton wasn't even fazed.
Erm he was stopped by Jon

Well, p4p may be a little different, but if we're talking about toughest in absolute terms, its going to be restricted to LHW and HW.

I have to go with Nelson as the #1. He is probably the only fighter who can survive being used as a heavy bag for the duration of a fight by championship-calibre knockout artists. Probably followed by Rothwell.

Other guys today who come to mind in respect to durability would be DC, Hunt, Rampage and Jones.

p4p guys like Holloway, Frankie, Lineker, Diaz, Stephens would make an appearance.

Nate - one TKO loss
Nick - one TKO loss
Jones - tough chin, although he only had Gus to rock him
Frankie Edgar - never got finished
T Ferg
Holloway
Masvidal

Also, DJ and Cruz never got finished.

Hunt was knocked out many times.

Back