justin gaethje is pretty good athlete tbh

True, but watching him fail twice before finally completing a backflip off the cage after the Michael Johnson fight was funny

yes but is he an able level athlete?

So, some of you guys think that Capoeira is just a dance, but a backflip makes a mma fighter "athletic." HAHAHAHAHA

He is just an average joe (in athletic ability). MMA is still in the stage where average joe's (in athletic ability) can be successful.

The HW champ is a Fireman for crying out loud. You can't be a part-time athlete and become a champ in all the other established sports. MMA is filled with people starting at an age older than 25 and being successful.

That is rare in other more established sports.

So, some of you guys think that Capoeira is just a dance, but a backflip makes a mma fighter "athletic." HAHAHAHAHA

He is just an average joe (in athletic ability). MMA is still in the stage where average joe's (in athletic ability) can be successful.

The HW champ is a Fireman for crying out loud. You can't be a part-time athlete and become a champ in all the other established sports. MMA is filled with people starting at an age older than 25 and being successful.

then where's your championship belt

Oh we posting flipping shit is now?

<{natewhut}>

GayGee pretty explosive for a white Boi

Comparing MMA to other sports this way is pretty dumb.

<JonesDXSuckIt>

Gaethje is a beast and I love that he always goes forward, looking for a quick finish.

Comparing MMA to other sports this way is pretty dumb.
No, it isn't. Maybe you are choosing to look it at from a "I have to defend the sport I love perspective," instead of taking a logical stance.

Every sport/art or whatever has a point when people can do it part-time or whatever, and still be successful. However, as the sport grows, and becomes more financially lucrative, and starts to draw from a larger talent pool in the population, it gets harder and harder for part-timers to become successful

Soccer, NFL, NHL, NBA and every sport on the planet has gone through this phase. We are just too young to have witnessed it.

I watch TUF, I watch Dana White's Tuesday Night Contenders Series, I listen to the life story of the UFC fighters, and one thing is clear to me: Most of them are not the best possible humans that could be competing in MMA.

These are guys who couldn't make the teams on the most popular sports, so, they started wrestling, and where not even the best at it. They are not academic, they are not good athletes, but they are delinquent and love to fight. The UFC comes along and gives them an opportunity to have some success in a sport that is relatively new.

This is the basic story of the average UFC fighter. They are average joe level athletes who are courageous enough to try to attain some glory in a relatively new sport.

Today's MMA fighters have the same DNA as the Americans in the 1840's who travelled across the continent for the chance of finding some gold in California. They are risk takers, but they are not necessarily the most athletically gifted people planet Earth has to offer.

yes but is he an able level athlete?
He's a true athlete honestly

Pop a 9-volt into a 3 volt circuit and you'll understand his standing.

Dude is 191 horsepower in an underpowered div

He WILL kick and. punch

He is a monster and the most exciting fighter in the sport along with Conor

Back