Jorge Masvidal vs Ben Askren

Typrune Goatley

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Who do you think would win this fight?

I think Jorge is unable to stop Ben's takedowns all night and Ben wins a unamious decision via top control and GNP.

Masvidal wins. Askren has struggled against much lesser opponents.

I'm really quite convinced that Masvidal has opened a ton of dummy accounts on Sherdog. Why is there so many posts talking about him getting a title shot and as if he's a top fighter? The guy already has 12 pro losses and isn't even entertaining. He always fights at his opponents pace. He's submissive.

Askren would wreck him with ease.

Askren can hold him on the ground for ages if he wanted.

4294596.jpg

Killer vs. Humper match-up

GSP vs. Askren
Royce vs. Lindlnd

The first empty UFC event ever.

I'm really quite convinced that Masvidal has opened a ton of dummy accounts on Sherdog. Why is there so many posts talking about him getting a title shot and as if he's a top fighter? The guy already has 12 pro losses and isn't even entertaining. He always fights at his opponents pace. He's submissive.

Askren would wreck him with ease.

One thing that bothers me is Masvidal's last title shot against Gil Melendez in SF. Jorge was super tentative and it was a terrible fight. He had the skills to possibly win, but he completely blew it. I think he's a little more aggressive now, but we can't forget his losses to Bendo, Larkin, Al Iaquinta and Khabilov in the UFC.

He should have won vs iaquinta... and was supet competititve against both larkin and bendo.... he will give anyone in the world at ww a tough fight.

Who do you think would win this fight?

I think Jorge is unable to stop Ben's takedowns all night and Ben wins a unamious decision via top control and GNP.
What a boring fantasy fight.
Totally agree with both of you. I sometimes think the main reason Ben was never signed by the UFC is that it makes no sense cutting Jon Fitch and then turning around and signing him.

Askren is much smaller than Maia, so I think Masvidal could defend well from his takedowns. Masvidal wins IMO.

Just looked at his record, why the hell is Ben Askren fighting so little? Once maybe twice a year? Fuck that. Keep that shit out of the UFC. It would be like Khabib 2.0

Back