Silva: Legend, #6 at MW and about to retire. It´s an honour for Kelvin to share the cage with him

Kung Fu bb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
People are saying Kelvin is picking on fighters past their prime like Kennedy, Vitor and now Silva, and I can understand them, we all just want fighters to take on great challenges, take risks and fight the best. But he also has to manage his career wisely while doing so.... and he just got finished by Weidman. So, who do you expect him to challenge exactly: Romero???? Souza???? Not a good idea imo. He´s just not ready yet.

Brunson vs Machida and Luke vs Branch are already scheduled. So it´s not like there are many options available at the top of MW. And the fact is, Kelvin is already # 8 and Silva is # 6. And Silva is an absolute legend of the sport, so it will be a great honour for Kelvin, and when his career is over one day, he will be able to say that he shared the octagon with the greatest of all time (and maybe even KO him, or get KOed by him, whatever, it´ll be great anyways).

About Kelvin moving back to WW, yes he could get a dietitian. But it´s not like he would get a TS now. He´d have to prove he is reliable at making weight and need 2 or 3 wins before a TS.... and he´d have to fight guys like Maia, Wonderboy, Lawler!.... Or Masvidal, Ponzinibio, RDA, or the Magny rematch! You see, veeeeery hard work at WW too. So he probably thinks it´s just better to stay at MW for now, get stronger and better instead of "making the sacrifice" to go to WW and risk missing weight. Also, he knows Romero and Souza are aging fast and will be gone soon.... as will Bisping.... Silva.... and Vitor................................ and guys like Whittaker (26), Luke (32), Weidman (33), and Kelvin (25) will be the future of MW division.

Just my 2 cents

Thoughts?

Last edited:
I think Kelvin is still underrated.

He just has to get off the Cain diet.

Kelvin isn't picking on anyone. He's a midget bloated WW fighting MW's

It's pretty idiotic to say Kelvin is picking easy fights.

He is smaller than all of them and Silva is a really tough match up for him. I have Kelvin as the underdog.

Kennedy was supposed to beat him and he took on Weidman who looked two weightclasses bigger than him.

If he makes weight, HW Kelvin incoming.

It's an honor for Kelvin to get flying knee KO'd playboi <{silvanormal}>

UFC just simply doesnt want to do fights for the fans...Anderson should fight

35-Shogun-Rua-UFC-128-8464.jpg

I truly feel this fight will NOT happen. One of the two are pulling out.

However if it does, I'm picking Kelvin to win by decision.

Im just hoping we get a flash of the old spider and he KOs poor Fatboy. He always looks like he is hungry, for food.

Since when is Anderson about to retire? I havent heard him say that. And his takedown defense against Brunson looked better than it has his entire career.

Back