Thoughts on the dawn of GSP's return.

BlastoiseDad

Al-hamdullilah
@Brown
Reaction score
GSP is possibly my personal GOAT, but I'm nervous for him on his UFC return.

He is several years and another torn ACL removed from his last appearance in which he looked less than his best. Combined with facing bigger guys at MW, I think it could be tough for him. Even someone like Tyron, with raw, athletic, explosive power, could be dangerous.

Still, if you put a gun to my head, I would choose GSP over Bisping and Woodley. Woodley has shown himself to be extremely tentative if put against the cage - Rory made him look horrible, and I think GSP could do the same with his varied, high output striking offense (whether his shots pack power or not). Tyron's ferocious power and grappling acumen could make it interesting; GSP still takes it in that department against anyone remotely close to his size.

Bisping is big, but GSP with some added muscle could absolutely control the grappling. It will be interesting to see if he can hold his own striking. While Bisping has made strides recently, GSP can, at the very least, use the threat of the takedown to take him out of his element. While it's the other MW contenders that everyone considers most dangerous, Bisping can absolutely win this one, as much as I hate to say it.

Make no mistake, I'll be watching closely. GSP fights were always phenomenal - seeing someone absolutely dominate his opponents in every avenue of the game was mind-blowing, as was his ability to take anyone to deep waters in the area they were least comfortable in. Although he hasn't looked his best in a while - having arguably not been as explosive since his first ACL injury - it is that idea alone that makes his return all the more interesting. He is now potentially a mortal among his fellow men.

I'm 100% with you.

Bisping should be easy. Woodley will be tough.

Also, Bisping will be easy.

I'm excited. I hope he is similar to what he was before.

I enjoyed watching him fight before. He was a complete martial artist.

I hope he does well

If we didn't have paper, we'd all be walking around with poop all around our buttholes. Think about that a second.....

If we didn't have paper, we'd all be walking around with poop all around our buttholes. Think about that a second.....
Oh I do!

And I hate when I take a nasty shit at work, and wiping doesn't quite cut it, and I need a shower.

I hate that feeling.

Should be nervous for a 50-45 fighter.....He could get caught!

My thoughts on the Dawn of the return of GSP:
He's definitely very skilled, but he's no Caesar from the Dawn of the planet of the apes, and thus likely won't bring as much violence.
He was a guy who relied a lot on his physical attributes in his career, and to match past success likely needs to be more of a technician after time and injuries have entered the equation.

Should be nervous for a 50-45 fighter.....He could get caught!

It's a miracle GSP has never been knocked unconscious after all these years of trading punches in the pocket.

And no, the Serra fight doesn't count. Tapping to strikes is different.

Oh I do!

And I hate when I take a nasty shit at work, and wiping doesn't quite cut it, and I need a shower.

I hate that feeling.

I feel you bruh! Nothing worse than a sloppy poopy

20883026_10211684588684988_6903578844361285680_n.jpg

I feel GSP is definately an argument for GOAT. there's NO argument for best WW of alltime.

However I don't think he is coming back and tearing it up again, Bisping is one tough guy and isn't a walk in the park. He has good takedown defense, really good hands, and great endurance. He's also obviously been more active. I know I'm in the minority feeling Bisping is going to win.

Idk what the odds are, but if Bisping is the underdog that's a good bet to take.

At least he's only fighting a guy who isn't even top 10 at MW. It could be much worse.

2nd champ champ in history incoming, imo.

Easily beats Bisping, easily beats WW castaway Whittaker, easily beats Woodley or any other WW.

Gonna be legendary, imo.

I feel GSP is definately an argument for GOAT. there's NO argument for best WW of alltime.

However I don't think he is coming back and tearing it up again, Bisping is one tough guy and isn't a walk in the park. He has good takedown defense, really good hands, and great endurance. He's also obviously been more active. I know I'm in the minority feeling Bisping is going to win.

Idk what the odds are, but if Bisping is the underdog that's a good bet to take.
This, all day. I'm not quite sure why alot of GSP's fans think he's going to breeze through The Count. I like GSP, but I just don't see it. It's not like Bisping is easy to take down or is a lousy striker.

One thing is certain.....If my daughter ever came home w/ a boyfriend w/ emo hair, I'm fairly certain I'd punch him in the face and go to jail.

Don't underestimate GSP's game plan, he is phenomenal with greg Jackson on a gamelan and he wouldn't becoming back to fight where he doesn't think he can't dominate an opponent.

I feel he should have returned to WW and that he would beat Woodley. Tyron is dangerous and has a lot of skills, but I don't feel he uses them in the most coherent of fashions. Woodley is giving me the vibe that he has every tool to be a long-time champion, but he just is too laid back during the fights. I don't know if it is about conserving energy over five rounds (my assumption), but his tendency to let rounds get away from him or not push the action in a way that emphatically wins him the bout is problematic.

It would be especially difficult for him against a workhorse like GSP who is a high-volume fighter. I think Woodley would not be able to take GSP down. While he might manage to defend GSP's impressive double leg, I think GSP would just pick him apart with leg kicks and an active jab. Woodley could certainly hurt him and put him away, but the deeper the fight goes, the more I'd favor GSP.

Bisping is a different entity in my opinion. Some will point to Bis being vulnerable and all that, but I see that as the more difficult fight for GSP for sure. The reason I say that is because Bisping will have a legitimate size advantage over him. We can't pretend that won't make a difference. Bisping is also historically very difficult to take down and more so to keep down. In the standup, I don't favor GSP over Bisping. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think that Bis would land a lot and that GSP would have more difficulty closing the gap and getting in range to land his shots.

If I'd ever seen GSP at middleweight and he wasn't coming off a four year absence, I might feel differently. But, as it stands, I think that he will have problems in that fight and that Bisping will retain.

Haha I agree. Just because Bisping is seemingly way less dangerous than his peers doesn't mean his attributes don't make it a very tough fight for GSP. Size, TDD, cardio are big factors here, and Bisping can box.

I don't know what took him so damn long? At 36 going to MW for the first time ever. It's weird. He may be in for a beating.

Back