Does anyone remember

Koro_11

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
During Anderson Silva's reign as champ, I remember after one of his fights in the post fight interview he gets all emotional and holds up the title and says "this is my belt, if you want it come and get it"

Does anyone know which fight that was?

During Anderson Silva's reign as champ, I remember after one of his fights in the post fight interview he gets all emotional and holds up the title and says "this is my belt, if you want it come and get it"

Does anyone know which fight that was?
Not sure, but wasn't that after Maia? I thought it was because of all the flack Silva was taking for his antics-- the boos and whatnot. It was in the ring, right, not at the press conference? Felt like a distraction, or an irrational emotional response not related to the gesture. I could be misremembering.

image.png

Not sure, but wasn't that after Maia? I thought it was because of all the flack Silva was taking for his antics. Felt like a distraction, or an irrational emotional response not related to the gesture. I could be misremembering.
Could be, I'm thinking it's one of the Chael fights, but I'm not sure.

Could be, I'm thinking it's one of the Chael fights, but I'm not sure.
Faster than my edit. It was in the ring right after the fight, right?

Faster than my edit. It was in the ring right after the fight, right?
Yes, post fight interview in the octagon, he says it in Portuguese and Soares translates.

It was at the post fight interview after the 2nd Weidman fight..............confirmed

Come on sherdog, no one knows this?

Euggggghhh I remember his

I want to say the Vitor fight

Come on sherdog, no one knows this?

I've seen every Silva fight in the UFC live since '06 but 90% of the time I'm drunk as hell by the main event so I have no idea.

But seriously was his quote that big of a deal at the time? Doesn't sound like something people would even care about especially getting translated through Soares.

I've seen every Silva fight in the UFC live since '06 but 90% of the time I'm drunk as hell by the main event so I have no idea.

But seriously was his quote that big of a deal at the time? Doesn't sound like something people would even care about especially getting translated through Soares.
Just thought it was kind of an epic moment in his title reign because everyone was gunning for him at the time and many wanted him to just lose already, and he got all emotional held up the title and said "come and get it". Would like to see it again, but don't know where to find it.

Just thought it was kind of an epic moment in his title reign because everyone was gunning for him at the time and many wanted him to just lose already, and he got all emotional held up the title and said "come and get it". Would like to see it again, but don't know where to find it.

Ok....probably the fact it's getting translated killed most of the buzz it might of had.

Live as in going to the events?

Back