Would you be dissapointed if Mayweather plays it safe and wins via 12 rnd decision?

A

AusMMAfan

Although I think this fight will probably end via a finish, I couldn't help but think this fight might end up like the Manny Pac fight.

It isn't hard for me to imagine Mayweather playing it safe and out boxing Conor for 12 rounds.

If this happens would you be disappointed and find this anti-climatic?

<{JustBleed}>

And what do you really expect to happen?

Wrong forum. Also, wrong forum.

Wrong forum , however it's exactly what Mayweather has done his entire career , he is by all accounts a defensive fighter.

Nope. Its expected. If he for some stupid reason he decides to brawl i would be disappointed.

This fight isn't going 12 rounds.

If it Floyd toys with Conor and makes it last 12 rounds just to validate a rematch...well fuck that :|

40% Mayweather KO/TKO, 30% Mayweather decision, 30% Conor KO/TKO.
No conor is more likely to ko mayweather than vice versa it's just that mayweather has a 99% chance to win a decision. Koing people has never been mayweather style

Even playing it safe, Mayweather should easily be able to finish mcgregor.

Although I think this fight will probably end via a finish, I couldn't help but think this fight might end up like the Manny Pac fight.

It isn't hard for me to imagine Mayweather playing it safe and out boxing Conor for 12 rounds.

<{JustBleed}>
If Magnus Carlsen, the world chess champion, plays to a 60-move draw against the World #2 player, do you think that means Conor would play Magnus Carlsen to a draw?

Of course not. Magnus would destroy Conor in 5 moves. The same is true with this fight if it's even remotely legitimate. I have no idea how you guys can think this will look like Floyd fighting another multiple world-champion boxer. Do you have any perspective at all?

You haven't watched Mayweather fight for the past 7 years if you think it's going to go differently.

I'd be more disappointed than my wife was when she found out I spend time on Sherdog.

Even playing it safe, Mayweather should easily be able to finish mcgregor.

Conor's going to get comprehensively outboxed but there's no way he gets finished, those are some legitimate pillow hands on Floyd

Conor's going to get comprehensively outboxed but there's no way he gets finished, those are some legitimate pillow hands on Floyd

The volume of shots Floys should put on Conor should make it highly likely the ref stops the fight at some point.

40% Mayweather KO/TKO, 30% Mayweather decision, 30% Conor KO/TKO.
I would put 29% of the Conor KO/TKO into Floyd by TKO in the late rounds, doubt Conor has the cardio to chase Floyd around for 12 rounds.

<{JustBleed}>

No, cause I'm not buying the fight. Plus, Maywedder gonna Maywedder.

Back