Glover Teixeira fan/support thread

BigMuffler

Loli is love loli is life!
@Steel
Reaction score
Glover has been bad mouthed a lot by haters of his opponents (as opposed to Glover himself) just to downplay his opponents, when Jones beat Glover a lot of Jones haters tried to discredit Jones by calling Glover a slow old man and not an impressive title challenger and now that Gus has beaten Glover, Gus haters are doing the same calling Glover a decrepit shell/punching bag etc. Meanwhile in reality Glover may not be the best, but he's one of the more well rounded LHW fighters with wins over guys like Rampage, Bader and OSP despite getting into the UFC at a fairly late age. Who here appreciates Glover, the protege of Chocolate L himself, for what he is?

WAR Glove!

Last edited:
Glover was awesome for many many years. Unfortunately he lost a couple years when he was deported. He should have been fighting higher opposition sooner.

He is still a good LHW these days but is so so slow. That is the one thing holding him back now.

I recently watched him vs Jones and the first 2 rounds were very close. Glover kept going for the kill. He really wanted to KO Jones but unfortunately he got tired and slowed down in the later rounds.

Ridiculous punching power and great BJJ.

It is also interesting how Glover says a younger Chuck would KO everybody currently at 205.

What was the deal with his deportation / visa problems?

He actually seemed to gain a step in the Gus bout. He worked hard on his cardio but Gus also went up a step so it came down to being outdone.
He is "mature" but because he seems to plod, he gets discredited. His movement has a lot to do with how he positions himself for big punches, not because he is an old man.

Glover has some solid wins prior to joining UFC. Ricco Rodriguez, Marvin Eastman and most ADCC champ Marcio Cruz.

For me glover was the definition of underpaid. The man went years undefeated and got no recognition, then fights the beat fighter in Jon jones. Jones gets barely any recognition for the win and glover has slipped ever since.

At least Aldo had mcgregor

He's got good technique and timing so his speed isn't too much of a hindrance in a slow division. Dude has the slickest single leg takedown in the game.

He said he was seeing triple vision when he got poked in the eye against Gus and he still managed to take a beating and last til the 5th round.

I think he's still got it in him to be competitive against top level competition.

I'd like to see him fight Cormier some day if that ever gets set up I think he could do well.

Glover is a great fighter and an even better person. He has always been one of the most complete and underrated fighters on the roster.

Good turn out...!

dscf8062.jpg

I'm a Glover fan. I've been waiting for some time for him to fade. I am still not sure that he's faded, but after suffering two brutal losses in the past year, I have to wonder.

Anyway, he's one of my favorite LHWs. Glover is old and slow, but he's such a good fighter. He's so well-rounded, too.

Regardless of where he's at, I'm glad we got to see him in the UFC at the end of his prime.

Teixeira´s losses in the ufc:
Jones
Davis
Rumble
Gustafsson

It takes this level of competition to stop Teixeira. The guys is still a beast and an incredible fighter. I'll always be a fan.

War Teixeira.

Teixeira´s losses in the ufc:
Jones
Davis
Rumble
Gustafsson

It takes this level of competition to stop Teixeira. The guys is still a beast and an incredible fighter. I'll always be a fan.

War Teixeira.
Davis beat Glover. Bader beat Davis twice. Glover tko'ed Bader. Glover=Rightful Bellator LHW champ

Davis beat Glover. Bader beat Davis twice. Glover tko'ed Bader. Glover=Rightful Bellator LHW champ
Davis turned the fight into a boring wrestling match and was able to take Teixeira down and lnp.... no damage at all...

Last edited:
i'd personally like to see him try his hand at heavyweight,he's always been a huge lhw,and a bit slower fighters at hw might suit him.

Glover is a well-rounded, powerful, resilient fighter, who carries himself with dignity and purpose. Win or lose, I support him.

I always order Glover Teixeira when I'm at a Mexican restaurant.

Would absolutly love to see him at HW. He could easily be 240 or 250lbs and his strength would transition well. Thats a good size for a HW.

Back