Why is every HW ducking Jones?

krolik1157

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
If Jones is the same size as every HW because of his height and reach, why are all the Heavyweights scared to cut down to 205 and fight him? Is it maybe because Jones is a LHW and Heavyweights are Heavyweights? Why doesn't Jones move up in weight like other fighters have?

Is it maybe because the jump from 205 to HW is 60 pounds instead of 20 (max)? Who could beat Jones at 225?

Not a troll thread, just trying to use irony after rolling my eyes at so many weak threads. If Jones wants to move up to HW for a superfight, all power to him. Whether it's the big money fight with Brock or a fight with Stipe to be the GOAT (and he'd have to defend after that), cool. But being the best LHW of all time is enough to be one of the all-time greats, particularly with the weight difference between LHW and HW.

And, to reiterate the first point, if Bones' walking-around weight is so big he could take on any HW, logic dictates that they should be able to cut down to 205 to take him on.

Flame away.

People just use it because its the only way left to belittle Jon's accomplishments.

The guy has no lower body, he's not obliged to leave a weight class that he can easily make.

The biggest HWs like Brock, Rothwell, Struve etc. are much bigger than Jones, but guys like Werdum and Cain aren't really much bigger. Werdum usually comes in at around 235 soft and Cain 240 softer, fat Jones can get up to 235 naturally and isn't much softer than them at that weight. JDS (bad time to mention him lol) is similar in weight but leaner.

I don't think heavyweights generally call out light heavyweights. It may be more that than anything.

Lol at ducking by means of not being malnourished.

The biggest HWs like Brock, Rothwell, Struve etc. are much bigger than Jones, but guys like Werdum and Cain aren't really much bigger. Werdum usually comes in at around 235 soft and Cain 240 softer, fat Jones can get up to 235 naturally and isn't much softer than them at that weight. JDS (bad time to mention him lol) is similar in weight but leaner.

So the onus is on Werdum and Cain to get less soft so they can get to 205. Don't see how their choice to stay soft is Jones' problem.

So the onus is on Werdum and Cain to get less soft so they can get to 205. Don't see how their choice to stay soft is Jones' problem.
They could probably get to 205 now (Werdum might struggle due to his age) considering some LHWs walk around as heavy or heavier than them, I think they just don't want to because of pride lol. They probably find it more manly to fight heavier guys than themselves than to cut down to where they would be big.

They could probably get to 205 now (Werdum might struggle due to his age) considering some LHWs walk around as heavy or heavier than them, I think they just don't want to because of pride lol. They probably find it more manly to fight heavier guys than themselves than to cut down to where they would be big.

Not wanting to do something because of pride is "ducking," right? So unless I'm missing something, we're on the same page.

Not wanting to do something because of pride is "ducking," right? So unless I'm missing something, we're on the same page.
No not wanting to do something out of fear (of losing etc) could be considered ducking, not wanting to do something out of pride (especially when that something is cut down to fight guys your own size) is like Blowjob Penn heart. lol

"Not a troll thread"

<mma4>

Don't like being accused of making a troll thread. Do like the always-fantastic BJ .gif. Again, to my point, do we really want to see Jones mess up his record like BJ did by eating burritos and having "warrior spirit" at 170 or higher instead of properly staying in shape/cutting and spending his entire career as the best 155er of all time?

Why is Jones ducking Miocic?

He could call out the champ yet calls out a guy who is retired pushing 40 and has no standup.

LOL like Cain has ever been less than 20% body fat in his life.

Cormier barely makes it and he is 3"shorter.

it's a frame thing. Werdum doesn't have the frame of a lhw. He never has. Some guys can make the weight class changes and not suffer too much, but I don't see someone like Werdum managing it. He'd look skeletal.

He could call out the champ yet calls out a guy who is retired pushing 40 and has no standup.
To his credit he called out the Beast Incarnate, who will destroy him in the ring.

If Jones puts on the muscle needed to fight Stipe, he probably wouldn't be able to get back to 205, his natural weight class. He could drink milkshakes and not cut weight, but that would put him at a pretty big disadvantage. He's calling out Brock for the $ -- all of the top-10 selling PPVs in UFC history have had Conor, Brock, or Ronda on the card, and he won't be able to get a fight with Conor or Ronda. It's definitely an easier fight, but I'm not going to hate on a guy for liking money.

Back