If Gus vs DC 2 was next, who would be the favorite?

Melas Chasma

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I personally think Gus would beat him relatively easy at this point of their careers, but want to know what Sherdog thinks.

usa-today-8842126.0.jpg

respekt.jpg

Gus would probably win. DC should think about retirement. He's like 39 and to make another run for the title would be a bad call. He would have too much wear and tear on his body. He should probably just have another fight against some nobody and retire.

Just because DC lost to Jones again doesn't mean he loses to anyone else...because, you know, he never has.

Still, I love the fight, but it should only happen after Gus has the belt.

If Gus did beat him, it definitely wouldn't be "easy". DC is tough as nails and doesn't quit.

We need to see how DC comes back from this loss. If he comes back in old form, no reason to believe he cant beat Gus again. If he slows down (as he will sooner or later), Gus gains the advantage.

Lol the day Gus finally beats a black guy wowie

If Gus did beat him, it definitely wouldn't be "easy". DC is tough as nails and doesn't quit.

We need to see how DC comes back from this loss. If he comes back in old form, no reason to believe he cant beat Gus again. If he slows down (as he will sooner or later), Gus gains the advantage.

Gus is better now than when he fought DC the first time, coming off a KO loss. DC is also 2 years older.

Not saying it wouldnt be competitive, but I think Gus would beat him now more clearly than DC beat him (split).

Gus will lose like he always has against the top of the division.

Gus is better now than when he fought DC the first time, coming off a KO loss. DC is also 2 years older.

Not saying it wouldnt be competitive, but I think Gus would beat him now more clearly than DC beat him (split).
Are you sure Gus is better? Based on his performance against Glover?
Since their fight Gus was starched by Rumble and DC choked rumble out.

I completely see the argument for why Gus might win, but its definitely not clear. As you say, DC is coming off a KO loss, so we'll have to see how he looks after it.

Are you sure Gus is better? Based on his performance against Glover?
Since their fight Gus was starched by Rumble and DC choked rumble out.

I completely see the argument for why Gus might win, but its definitely not clear. As you say, DC is coming off a KO loss, so we'll have to see how he looks after it.

No, Gus had lost his last fight to Rumble when he fought DC. DC had all the momemtum when they fought, and it was still a split. Gus should be the favorite now, DC is now coming off a bad KO loss himself.

And yes, Im think Gus is now better than ever based on his last fight.

Despite everyone foolishly calling for DCs retirement and saying hes not the same just because he lost to Jones, I still think hes the exact same fighter and actually showed improvements against Jones. Gus I think has gotten better as well. It would be another war that could go either way.

No, Gus had lost his last fight to Rumble when he fought DC. DC had all the momemtum when they fought, and it was still a split. Gus should be the favorite now, DC is now coming off a bad KO loss himself.

And yes, Im think Gus is now better than ever based on his last fight.
Ah, fair enough. I didn't check.

I'm not willing to make a judgement on Gus yet. He looked great against Glover, but he looked pretty bad with Jan. We'll see.

I certainly doubt they'll ever fight again, though.

I think DC would probably win, but would rather see him make a HW run.

Sadly I think Gus might win, but maybe being too pessimistic about Lord Popeyes' age.

Back