Precision beats power, timing beats speed

tastaylvr

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Do people still believe this horse shit?
Speed always beats Technique

It's all in the reflexes!

- Jack Burton

It's an old boxing adage Connor stole.

And yes it's true, Archie Moore lived by that mantra. If you ever boxed with someone who out classed you you would get a better sense of it.

In reality it doesnt mean it'll help. Connor with shit tho. Considering Floyd is more precise faster and has better timing lol

The statement doesn't really make sense, since precision obviously still needs power, and timing is predicated on speed.

And yes it's true, Archie Moore lived by that mantra. If you ever boxed with someone who out classed you you would get a better sense of it.

In reality it doesnt mean it'll help. Connor with shit tho. Considering Floyd is more precise faster and has better timing lol

this is the problem with most of you guys

you just regurgitate everything someone has said in the past

Can you tell me how someone's technique can beat speed? It's funny you bring up boxing since it's literally the one sport where SPEED has always trumped technique rofl

Do people still believe this horse shit?
Speed always beats Technique

He didn't say speed beats technique. He said Timing beats speed, which more often than not is true. See Pacquiao Marquez fights. Pacquiao is clearly the faster guy, but Marquez is able to compete because he has great timing.

this is the problem with most of you guys

you just regurgitate everything someone has said in the past

Can you tell me how someone's technique can beat speed? It's funny you bring up boxing since it's literally the one sport where SPEED has always trumped technique rofl

Have you ever boxed? Clearly you have not. I have, extensively in the amateurs. Speed is not a trump card or amir khan would be undefeated. It is a great advantage to have and a difficult thing to over comeno doubt. But You clearly have zero concept of striking whatsoever. Goto your local gym spar with their top guy and throw punches as fast as possible.

When he times you and catches you clean on the chin and knocks you on your ass and you suddenly realize you're a fucking moron you'll understand.

Archie Moore got crushed by Marciano's power.

When you are fighting against Hunt precision or speed or wthever doesnt matter,I mean it always changes time to time...

Archie Moore got crushed by Marciano's power.

Everyone marciano fought got crushed by Marciano's power. But he gave marciano shit fits and put the iron chinned rocky on his ass. Old man archie wasnt fast at all either. Archie also got stopped by alis speed. He was also ancient. Its not a be all end all just an off the top of the head example. Dude also had like 130 KO wins and by his own words wasn't a big puncher, just an accurate one. Numbers don't lie kiddo.

Last edited:
Just watch the KO at the end.

You post a guy getting counter punched and for some reason think speed lost?

You realise how counter punches work right?

I'm dealing with the mentally handicapped here or something god dam

Everyone marciano fought got crushed by Marciano's power. Archie also got stopped by alis speed. He was also ancient. Its not a be all end all. He also had like 130 KO wins and by his own words wasn't a big puncher, just an accurate one. Numbers don't lie kiddo.

Nobody cares about ancient sport athletes

everything from that era is worse and doctored

the amount of lies old sports stars make up god dam

You post a guy getting counter punched and for some reason think speed lost?

You realise how counter punches work right?

I'm dealing with the mentally handicapped here or something god dam

So you experts don't have to time counter punches anymore? Wow I been outta the game too long.

Back