If GSP beats Bisping will your opinion of him change?

Mixed

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have always been a GSP hater and have not given him the credit he probably deserves, but I haven't thought about the possibility of GSP winning because I favor Bisping. But if GSP beats Bisping, I would have to completely reevaluate his career. As much crap as this fight has got, it would be a huge feather in his cap in his career and his legacy.

Last edited:
I have a love/hate thing with GSP, but he's an extremely great fighter imo. I actually favor Bisping, but if GSP beats him that would be a big accomplishment and yes I would think even more highly of GSP.

Bisping is a soft target when you are talking about the upper echelon of middleweights.

The 45 year old, retiring, multi-year losing streak, THIRTEENTH ranked middleweight nearly murdered him, in his last fight.

The fashion in which it's done would count for something, but overall I'm just into GSP. He did a great job winning landslide decisions and it wasn't all about wrestling, he was accurate, landed massive volumes of strikes without absorbing much damage. The way he destroyed people over 5 rounds it was usually impressive that they were still there at the close of round 5 without being stopped. It wasn't for lack of power so much or intensity or will to finish. Guys just got extra tough when it came to a chance at the title. Nonetheless, I'm not into him. I was never stoked about Hughes either. Lawler's "reign" was the most interesting point in the WW class for me by a long shot.

I have a love/hate thing with GSP, but he's an extremely great fighter imo. I actually favor Bisping, but if GSP beats him that would be a big accomplishment and yes I would think even more highly of GSP.

I haven't even given any thought to him winning but man if he wins it would be hard not to put him above any fighter ever. Which is crazy to say because I never thought anybody would eclipse or even approach Jon Jones as a fighter/GOAT.

It would be him and Jones and then everybody else.

He's not going to "beat" him. He might get his hand raised at the end of the night.

Bisping's performance will not be taken seriously based on him admitting it is about money.

He'd have to beat the GOAT, the P4P King Michael Bisping.

So yeah if he wins I guess he's the GOAT

but he won't.

The fashion in which it's done would count for something, but overall I'm just into GSP. He did a great job winning landslide decisions and it wasn't all about wrestling, he was accurate, landed massive volumes of strikes without absorbing much damage. The way he destroyed people over 5 rounds it was usually impressive that they were still there at the close of round 5 without being stopped. It wasn't for lack of power so much or intensity or will to finish. Guys just got extra tough when it came to a chance at the title. Nonetheless, I'm not into him. I was never stoked about Hughes either. Lawler's "reign" was the most interesting point in the WW class for me by a long shot.

The only thing I would've liked to have seen from GSP was a more well rounded striking game. Towards the end of his career he relied too much on the jab and Superman punch. He wouldn't string combos together and just throw single distance strikes.

I'm sorry but lots of people have beat Bisping. So no not really. He took the easiest fight available. He could of fought Woodley but didn't want any. So he took Bisping cause he doesn't have the best power, is slower than him, and he probably saw Tim Kennedy grapplefuck him. He probably wanted Conor cause he could hump him for 5 rounds, but Conor dipped out to make big money so Bisping was the next best thing.

He probably will never be the fighter he can be if he does not get the credit from you that he deserves.
I think it is holding him back.

I'm sorry but lots of people have beat Bisping. So no not really. He took the easiest fight available. He could of fought Woodley but didn't want any. So he took Bisping cause he doesn't have the best power, is slower than him, and he probably saw Tim Kennedy grapplefuck him. He probably wanted Conor cause he could hump him for 5 rounds, but Conor dipped out to make big money so Bisping was the next best thing.

Well he did say the UFC wanted him to fight Whitaker next if he wins which would be an incredible win too considering where Rob is at right now even though he's a former WW. I would really like to see him face Woodley though.

He probably will never be the fighter he can be if he does not get the credit from you that he deserves.
I think it is holding him back.

So if I give him credit the beast inside will be unleashed? He will stop being a point fighter?

So if I give him credit the beast inside will be unleashed? He will stop being a point fighter?
Might happen you never can tell what could trigger the beast mode

Well he did say the UFC wanted him to fight Whitaker next if he wins which would be an incredible win too considering where Rob is at right now even though he's a former WW. I would really like to see him face Woodley though.

If he beat Whittaker I would be incredibly impressed, same for Woodley. His resume would be hard to top. Bisping was just a guy that cut in line because of an opportunity and beat a guy that took him lightly. He hasn't managed to fight a single contender in what over a year and counting. He's not a top 5 MW.

To come back after four years and win a belt at a higher weight class? Living legend.

If he beat Whittaker I would be incredibly impressed, same for Woodley. His resume would be hard to top. Bisping was just a guy that cut in line because of an opportunity and beat a guy that took him lightly. He hasn't managed to fight a single contender in what over a year and counting. He's not a top 5 MW.

Still. He has a belt at a higher weight division. And maybe he's not top 5 though I would disagree. Still he's a very capable fighter who has beaten very good and great fighters. It would be hard not to give him serious props. It would be a much more meaningful win than any of Anderson's fights at LHW. Bisping is a big guy. It would be hard to overlook a victory over him.

I have never been a GSP fan, but I know he is great. If he Beats Bisping, I will be surprised, And it will be the biggest win in his career. I guess he will be seen as even greater.

I'm the other way around. If Bisping beats GSP my overall opinion of him as a fighter will increase.

Back